Page 245 of 305 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3045

Thread: 1911 picture thread

That pistol looks perfect, @Evil_Ed

Site Supporter

New Ronin Operator

Here's my new to me Springfield Ronin Operator. Just bought it on GB. The previous owner had quite a bit of work done by Nighthawk Custom. Waiting for it to arrive at my FFL. If it works as expected my Wiley Clapp Government Model may get replaced.

Name:  Ronin.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  81.2 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Here's my new to me Springfield Ronin Operator. Just bought it on GB. The previous owner had quite a bit of work done by Nighthawk Custom. Waiting for it to arrive at my FFL. If it works as expected my Wiley Clapp Government Model may get replaced.

Name:  Ronin.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  81.2 KB
    Name:  Ronin Operator.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  39.7 KB

So I received my pistol yesterday and got to the range after work today. That target is a combination of 100 rds. of my carry load and my 200 gr. plated SWC reloads. at 10 yards. I wanted to get some rounds through it and adjust the sights if needed, which I did. Had a few issues with my lead 200 gr. SWC reloads. The carry loads (185 gr. Black Hills Barnes Tac XP +P and my plated SWC were fine. The pistol had only had 10 rounds through it when Nighthawk sighted it in. I changed the rear sight to a plain black Novak from the Tritium Rear that it came with. It has a White outline Novak Tritium Front. I'm very impressed with the work that the previous owner had Nighthawk do and of course their workmanship. The previous owner even sent the invoice from Nighthawk. It's a keeper. And so is my wife for giving me spousal approval to get it.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

That’s really cool. My first thought seeing the Ronin was that it would be a great base gun for some basic “just the big improvements” work, where all the modifications would be to the frame and the slide would mostly be left alone aside from sights. Glad to see someone took that opportunity.

@MDFA, what did the PO have Nighthawk do?

Two tone 1911s are starting to grow on me. Is the frame actually stainless or coated?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

Two tone 1911s are starting to grow on me. Is the frame actually stainless or coated?
    I really like 2 Tone Pistols, especially since I had Novak's do my Hi Power Slide in Blue with the Hard Chrome Frame.

Name:  Ronin Invoice.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  53.5 KB

You can see what the previous owner had done by Nighthawk and the costs. The pistol was done a year ago, so the prices may have changed. The frame on the Ronin is Stainless and they Bead Blasted it once it was finished. The only MIM I found left in it was the sear disconnecter and the ejector. I like tooled steel parts so I've already ordered Wilson and Harrison Designs parts to replace those and the magazine release, as the one on it is a bit short for my tastes. The barrel on the Ronin is a ramped barrel. I really like the front strap serrations and actually prefer them to checkering. The mag well is a Stan Chen and was blended and contoured for carry. The slide release/stop was dehorned as was the ambi safety. I changed out the rear sight with a plain black wide notch Novak and just kept the Tritium in the front sight.

I only put 100 rounds thru it yesterday, and have carried it all day today in my JMCK AIWB Wing 2.5 with a Wilson 10 rd. magazine in a JMCK AIWB High Ride mag pouch.

So far I'm very pleased with it.
    Last edited by MDFA; 08-06-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

The 5" Ronins have stainless frames, while the 4.25" guns have aluminum frames.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    The 5" Ronins have stainless frames, while the 4.25" guns have aluminum frames.

You are correct, which I actually knew. I brain farted and read the invoice which said bead blast stainless frame. The 4.25 pistols are aluminum.

Boy, six months since I posted a pic here.
    Name:  IMG_20210730_125558~2.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  69.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20210712_224708.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  37.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20210704_132853.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  41.6 KB

I'm back to the long triggers. I just shoot them better, even though the short smooth triggers feel better.

My loaded is also back to pachymer grips.

I was planning on shooting 1911s tomorrow at a match but my son is sick and he would be upset if I went without him.

User Tag List