Page 235 of 308 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Very nice.
    Details/specs of the build?
    So let's see what I can remember as the build sheet is in the safe deposit box. Started with a "NM" serial number prefix SA Mil-Spec. Unusually for my builds, the SA factory barrel was kept as a new bushing properly fit turned it into a laser blaster. The lower was trued, high-gripped, and checkered at 20 LPI; Bobtailed with a plain MSH that is serrated at 20 LPI on the surface parallel to the grip safety (the surface exposed by the Bobtail is left smooth to not snag cover garments); the mag opened as much as possible; complete action job with a Grieder short trigger, a new thumb safety from a Colt Series '80 fit to the pistol, S&A grip safety, and Accutune hammer; extended magazine release button; magazine catch relieved to allow magazines to not snag; and EGW internals. The ejector is now pinned, not glued. The upper got the new barrel bushing, EGW extractor, a Heinie plain black rear, and a Harrison dovetailed plain black front sight. The gun got new Wolff springs and a carry bevel. John modified the VZ grips for the Bobtail and the gun was finished in EGW's short-lived E-Treat (melonite) finish. Pistol is zeroed for 230-grain standard pressure ammo at twenty-five yards as I do not run +P .45 ACP. Carry magazine is a Metalform Colt-marked magazine tube with Tripp Super 7 guts.

I do not remember which Officer's ACP mainspring housing was used; it may have been a smooth Ed Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    So let's see what I can remember as the build sheet is in the safe deposit box. Started with a "NM" serial number prefix SA Mil-Spec. Unusually for my builds, the SA factory barrel was kept as a new bushing properly fit turned it into a laser blaster. The lower was trued, high-gripped, and checkered at 20 LPI; Bobtailed with a plain MSH that is serrated at 20 LPI on the surface parallel to the grip safety (the surface exposed by the Bobtail is left smooth to not snag cover garments); the mag opened as much as possible; complete action job with a Grieder short trigger, a new thumb safety from a Colt Series '80 fit to the pistol, S&A grip safety, and Accutune hammer; extended magazine release button; magazine catch relieved to allow magazines to not snag; and EGW internals. The ejector is now pinned, not glued. The upper got the new barrel bushing, EGW extractor, a Heinie plain black rear, and a Harrison dovetailed plain black front sight. The gun got new Wolff springs and a carry bevel. John modified the VZ grips for the Bobtail and the gun was finished in EGW's short-lived E-Treat (melonite) finish. Pistol is zeroed for 230-grain standard pressure ammo at twenty-five yards as I do not run +P .45 ACP. Carry magazine is a Metalform Colt-marked magazine tube with Tripp Super 7 guts.

I do not remember which Officer's ACP mainspring housing was used; it may have been a smooth Ed Brown.
    Thank You.
    Again, very nice looking pistol and the list of components/work is impressive.

I'm hoping to send a pair of birthyear Colt Gov't models out for work soon - really appreciate the detailed list.

Evolution

Name:  272648DB-A743-4815-AB23-8F86DCBC99C1.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  61.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Evolution
    That is a really, really neat idea!

Unfortunately, from the angle the picture is taken from, the evolutionary steps are not very well visible. Might be a good idea to try a different angle?

Site Supporter
    J,

All that honest wear. That is HAWT....
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    That is a really, really neat idea!

Unfortunately, from the angle the picture is taken from, the evolutionary steps are not very well visible. Might be a good idea to try a different angle?
    Yes I will try to get a better pic when I get a chance in the next few days.

Site Supporter
    Finally got a full rail TRP.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

User Tag List