Page 229 of 306 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3059

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    I will agree with the sentiment above. Thats gorgeous. Does that get usage and carry time?
    That's my primary piece. The finish on the other side isn't pretty. It replaced my old Frank Glenn Colt
    Last edited by theJanitor; 10-21-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    That's my primary piece. The finish on the other side isn't pretty. It replaced my old Frank Glenn Colt
    Ooo, let's see the other side!

Ooo, let's see the other side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirty side up pic
    Better.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like the vertical serrations a'la Beretta. Is that cheaper to have done than checkering?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I like the vertical serrations a'la Beretta. Is that cheaper to have done than checkering?
    Generally, yes. The key to good serrations is the shape of the cut, and the closeness of the serrations to one another. The factory colt serrations are too far apart. Yost's serrations are nearly as good as 30lpi checkering. The added benefit is that getting a good grip AIWB, is easier with serrations than checkering, IMO

The older sister. Built by Frank Glenn. With the exception of an untouched magwell, it's functional perfection. It shoots so straight, and flat out runs. I bought that YoBo back from a friend, so I could park this. It's had a rough (and meaningful) life and deserves some rest.

Site Supporter
    The older sister. Built by Frank Glenn. With the exception of an untouched magwell, it's functional perfection. It shoots so straight, and flat out runs. I bought that YoBo back from a friend, so I could park this. It's had a rough (and meaningful) life and deserves some rest.

Just when I'm thinking "Janitor can't possibly have any more hardware to make me drool" - you do it again. Your firearms always show, at least to my eyes, the best combination of wear and maintenance. IOW, it's obvious they've been used, not abused. Lovin it!

Thanks for sharing.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Would you care to share about the "rough and meaningful life?"

Would you care to share about the "rough and meaningful life?"

I bought it out of the holster of a retiring sheriff. It was my first real custom and has really set me on the 1911 path, years ago. I would say 70% of all the 45ACP I've ever shot went through this

User Tag List