Page 216 of 308 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    I might have a problem
    You don't have a problem, you have eight solutions.

Chuck Rogers
    www.RogersPrecision.com
    Cheap-Fast-Good............pick any two.

Chuck Rogers
    www.RogersPrecision.com
    Cheap-Fast-Good............pick any two.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_J View Post
    Matt J:

Nicely done front strap. It looks a lot like stippling. Would you mind telling us who did the work?

Thanks.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Cartwright View Post
    Matt J:

Nicely done front strap. It looks a lot like stippling. Would you mind telling us who did the work?

Thanks.

Bruce
    Thanks! All the work on the gun was done by a local machinist/gunsmith, Joe Prochaska. He isn't a big name in gunsmithing as his full-time job is machining, but his work is awesome. It may not be like Wilson Combat(^Or even better, Rogers Precision), but it's definitely good enough for me. He went over the whole pistol to make sure everything lined up perfectly, and added nice touches here and there. After he fitted everything and did the front strap he cerekoted the slide and parts graphite black, and the frame gunmetal gray (the lamp in my room makes it look gold). Very tasteful. Maybe the smoothest action I've felt on a 1911 too. Thanks again, it's my baby and I carry her everywhere. He doesn't charge near what you would think either, as he does it mostly for fun. His latest job was on a Desert Eagle in really poor shape and now it looks brand new.
    Last edited by Matt_J; 07-29-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Grabbed a Springfield Loaded because I didn't have any 1911's with smooth dust covers. Trying to decide on which grips I want to order from VZ for it and I'll probably swap the FLGR for an old style. But I need to run some ammo through it first.

Name:  Loaded.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  76.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Grabbed a Springfield Loaded because I didn't have any 1911's with smooth dust covers. Trying to decide on which grips I want to order from VZ for it and I'll probably swap the FLGR for an old style. But I need to run some ammo through it first.

VZ grips are certainly GTG. I was you with a Kimber Series 1 years ago re replacing the FLGR. IIRC, I went Ed Brown and bought a std guide rod/spring plug from Midway and drove on happily.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1485540296?pid=546705

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post

VCDs work really well on Springfield’s too.

Name:  00E84433-0C8C-460D-94D4-0DD6966B38C8.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  101.4 KB
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    VCDs work really well on Springfield’s too.

Name:  00E84433-0C8C-460D-94D4-0DD6966B38C8.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  101.4 KB
    Checked them out, I dig 'em and the price is nice but I really like the VZ super scoop for the mag release. Otherwise I really have to rotate the gun in my hand to hit the release. If not for that I'd just rock the factory wood grips.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List