Page 215 of 308 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    As good as this pic is—and it’s good—you are gonna have to do better, and say a few review words on this piece, brother. So far as I know, you’re the first here to pick up this 1911.
    I haven’t had it long enough to write a thorough review but so far, it’s been about what I’d hope for from a 1911 at this price point. Slide to frame fit was well done and the barrel bushing is slightly more than finger tight. Both are not as tight as my TRP but well executed. It came with a Wilson Bulletproof hammer, thumb safety, and a Wilson/Vickers Combat rear sight. The slide and frame lines and roll marks are straight and I like the ball cuts on the front of the slide. Unlike some other Springfield pistols I’ve had, the ejector is pinned, not just glued in the frame.

It was lubed after I bought it and I’ve fired 350 rounds without any issues. Extractor and firing pin stop are well fit and the pistol passed the 10-8 function test. I was lukewarm on the weave pattern of the slide serrations and front strap but they are growing on me after handling and shooting the pistol.

After seeing it wasn’t a dog, I changed a few things to make it better, for me at least. Although the Vickers sight is functional, I didn’t like how it overhung the rear of the slide so it was changed for a Wilson Combat u-notch battle sight.
    It also came with a medium length trigger and I prefer long triggers so I installed a Wilson Combat Ultra Match Long trigger.

Although the edges on the front and rear of the slide are slightly broken, I’m scratching my head why a $1,400 pistol can’t have the sharp edges on the bottom the slide and around the ejection port de horned. Being a lefty, I wish it came with a Wilson Bulletproof Ambi safety I’ll have one installed at some point. This pistol also has a feed ramp that is cut relatively shallow but that seems to be common for Springfield 1911’s that I’ve owned.

So far so good and I’m generally happy with it.

Excellent, thanks @Caesar

Last edited by Matt_J; 07-19-2020 at 04:57 PM.

1911 picture thread

New to me Ed Brown Full-size Kobra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fired another 100rds for a total of 450. No issues to report. With center hold from a rest at 25 yards, shots were a smidge high and right but it could’ve been me so I’ll keep sights as they are until I can confirm.

Name:  3AEDA0FA-D974-40D9-87B4-1A7D8FB5D131.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  36.2 KBName:  1807BA18-BDDD-49B5-97FA-A1BAF9A89867.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  83.4 KB

This is a new-to-me 1999 SVI Infinity "Slab Side" single stack chambered in .45 ACP. This is an interesting pistol as it is a factory-built pistol in .45 ACP as verified by SVI, the slide has the interchangeable breech face, it has the old MMC adjustable rear sight, the trigger has no perceptible over-travel and breaks at under two pounds, and it hates eight-round magazines. The top round from an eight-round magazine gets jammed nose down into the feed ramp. With most every eight round magazine -- except for the one that shipped with the pistol.

A little experimentation shows the magazine catch holds the magazine a bit low. That, combined with the slide rail pushing the round down as it feeds from the magazine, is a recipe for a stoppage that requires locking the slide open and stripping the magazine from the pistol. I am ordering a Dawson magazine release that raises the magazine by 0.010" to see if it makes a difference. I have a feeling this pistol will be limited to seven-round magazines. While working on the feed issue, I also learned the pistol will not cleanly eject a loaded round; the ejection port is not large enough to do so, lacking the front relief cut.

The trigger breaks very cleanly, but I cannot feel the reset as the trigger seems to not move. Obviously it has to move to release the sear, but the force and distance required to do so is imperceptible. Groups are very, very small at fifty yards. For the first time in my life with a handgun, I shot a five-shot group at fifty yards using my 230-grain SWC handloads that went into less than an inch. If I can get the feeding issue resolved, it will be a heck of a pistol.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by farscott; 07-27-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Family Photo by the pool... I might have a problem, but three of them are the girls.

Name:  IMG_2577.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  100.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Fired another 100rds for a total of 450. No issues to report. With center hold from a rest at 25 yards, shots were a smidge high and right but it could’ve been me so I’ll keep sights as they are until I can confirm.

Name:  3AEDA0FA-D974-40D9-87B4-1A7D8FB5D131.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  36.2 KBName:  1807BA18-BDDD-49B5-97FA-A1BAF9A89867.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  83.4 KB
    Very cool to see that level of precision.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List