Page 210 of 308 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    ...The gun itself is a part of a project known as Jury 5...
    I remember that project... goes back a few days, I think it was from SHOT Show 2008. Ned's guns was very cool and true to Ned's style it was unique to say the least. This was my contribution to the set.

Heirloom Preicison
    www.heirloomprecision.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post
    I remember that project... goes back a few days, I think it was from SHOT Show 2008. Ned's guns was very cool and true to Ned's style it was unique to say the least. This was my contribution to the set.

Beautiful

My new deerslayer ……

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Name:  A2769C38-824D-4087-A761-8C8C1B9835A9.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  53.5 KB

This thing is tighter than a freshly tuned conga drum. A couple of days stretching will be needed, before I can even start doing reps. That said - it’s hot.

SME begs for the DCC clips. right, @newt ?

Site Supporter

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    SME begs for the DCC clips. right, @newt ?
    The SME holster has been like a religious conversion for me. I’ve tried a TON of AIWB holsters and the closest I came was JM Custom 2.5. Which I use a lot but just decided were the best I could find. But I’ve managed to get two unobtanium SME’s in the last month and I’m officially in heaven. This is THE best holster design I’ve found in 20 years. And the DCC clips are a good add. I’m using them for my two of my three primary carries, 1911 and Beretta/Wilson/LTT mutt gun. Here’s my MARS and my Centac with LTT bits. If anyone has one for a G17 I’m in the market.

Name:  0ACDF012-ADF9-4ADC-980D-634A58252C62.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  47.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    The SME holster has been like a religious conversion for me. I’ve tried a TON of AIWB holsters and the closest I came was JM Custom 2.5. Which I use a lot but just decided were the best I could find. But I’ve managed to get two unobtanium SME’s in the last month and I’m officially in heaven. This is THE best holster design I’ve found in 20 years. And the DCC clips are a good add. I’m using them for my two of my three primary carries, 1911 and Beretta/Wilson/LTT mutt gun. Here’s my MARS and my Centac with LTT bits. If anyone has one for a G17 I’m in the market.

Name:  0ACDF012-ADF9-4ADC-980D-634A58252C62.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  47.5 KB
    What makes it more better than the 2.5?

Wilson Tactical Carry Commander 9mm

Name:  wilson.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  57.8 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    What makes it more better than the 2.5?
    Don’t get me wrong, the 2.5 is still a fantastic holster and I’ll continue to us them, particularly for small form Glocks like my 43.

But I think two things really make the SME. 1 is just that it’s leather. There just aren’t any corners. It moves a little more.

But the REAL difference is that elongated delta wing with the slight curve. I’m assuming it was intentional design through various iterations. But at the top it’s thicker than it looks and hugs the grip into your body as well or better than any other design I’ve seen. And the elongated delta bit just sort of fits in to where my leg/groin meet and keeps the whole thing comfortable and positioned properly. So it’s comfortable all day and doesn’t sag.

All that combo really let’s me conceal a full size 1911 or or up to a Beretta BrigTac/Centac and do it comfortably for long periods.

On the other side, I will say JM’s customer service fantastic. I’ve had some minor frustrations with 5shot/John. I had an old LA-CCS 5shot that I needed some new loops for and contacted John twice. Both times I was promised follow up, both times I got ghosted. I kinda swore I wouldn’t do a 5shot again, but the SME has me sold. I bought one of these used from a forum member, and one from Langdon who actually had it in stock.

Cool, thanks for the feed back

User Tag List