Page 189 of 306 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3059

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'll help you make some money...how about nine-fiddy and I'll cover shipping to my FFL?
    Nah, it wasn't me. I already have two, which I bought for really good prices. But nothing like that price -- the dealer probably lost about $600 on that gun, but obviously took a risk by starting a penny auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Nah, it wasn't me. I already have two, which I bought for really good prices. But nothing like that price -- the dealer probably lost about $600 on that gun, but obviously took a risk by starting a penny auction.
    Damn, I missed that (for the better). I've wanted an SCG for years now. Now, I'll be eying penny auction SCGs for months, until I can score one low. ~900 you say? Great. I'll set my limit at 950 and wait until I get one at that price.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Damn, I missed that (for the better). I've wanted an SCG for years now. Now, I'll be eying penny auction SCGs for months, until I can score one low. ~900 you say? Great. I'll set my limit at 950 and wait until I get one at that price.
    Good luck, I hope you find one. Most online sellers are listing them from $1700-$2000, but once in a while you'll see one in the $1500-$1600 range and those go quick. Newer ones have checkered front straps and an undercut trigger guard, and Colt's checkering is top notch. They all have hand fit barrels and premium parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Newer ones have checkered front straps and an undercut trigger guard, and Colt's checkering is top notch.
    I've heard that, but have yet to see one in person setup with the checkering, just a few pictures. Now looks like ~half of the ones on GB have the checkering though.

the SCG now has checkering? do they still have the stupidly offset "bomar" rear? A SCG with checkering, a slimmer beavertail and a novak pattern rear sight would be the tits

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    the SCG now has checkering? do they still have the stupidly offset "bomar" rear? A SCG with checkering, a slimmer beavertail and a novak pattern rear sight would be the tits
    Yes, all SCGs now have front strap checkering. They have been doing that for a couple years.

The ones with the Bomar-style rear sight are still set further back than I would like. This is due to the Series 80 firing pin block. Current model Gold Cups are Series 70 and so the rear sight is further forward (where it should be) on those guns. As I said, I would prefer that the rear sight be located a bit further forward on the slide, but the SCG is still a fine pistol regardless.

The SCG Carry model (O1970CY) has a Novak adjustable tritium rear sight. They haven't made any of those in the last few years though. The last batch I know about did in fact have front strap checkering as that run was done just as Colt was starting to perform the checkering in house. That run of SCG Carry pistols had a slightly less polished blue finish than typical SCGs. They have been impossible to find for a while now.

1911 picture thread

Seems to be obvious I am shooting to the left [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 10-17-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Name:  KIMG1440.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  104.8 KB

Chuck Rogers
    www.RogersPrecision.com
    Cheap-Fast-Good............pick any two.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Thanks. My Vigil plus magwell and 10 Rd magazine ends up being ~6" from the top of the rear sight to the well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    What magwell are you using?

User Tag List