Page 187 of 307 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 3063

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    They’re both strong side. Classyguy would have a brace.
    I used to order a weak-side copy of the holsters I really liked. This was just in case I hurt my good arm. After awhile I realized how ridiculous it was and stopped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    If that is the Valkyrie, then can you do me a favor and let me know the height from rear sight to magwell? I'm looking to find a grip that is below 5" and it seems like all the data for Dan Wesson Vigl CCO, Vigil Commander and Guardain sizes are near 5" (Vigil) to 5.5" (Guardian). If anyone knows any 1911 that is under 5" on the grip size, preferably with a magwell, that would be great

TIA PF Hive Mind!
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    If that is the Valkyrie, then can you do me a favor and let me know the height from rear sight to magwell? I'm looking to find a grip that is below 5" and it seems like all the data for Dan Wesson Vigl CCO, Vigil Commander and Guardain sizes are near 5" (Vigil) to 5.5" (Guardian). If anyone knows any 1911 that is under 5" on the grip size, preferably with a magwell, that would be great

TIA PF Hive Mind!
    Yes, it's a Valkyrie CCO 9mm. Here are a few measurements using a relatively inexpensive Hornady digital caliper set...

From bottom of magwell (center) to the top of rear factory sight - 4.975"

From bottom of magwell (center) to top of slide just forward of rear sight - 4.862"

ETA: I can get a couple thousandths difference each time I measure, but this is pretty much the top end of my measuring, and it will give you a good idea of where I'm measuring.

Last edited by StraitR; 10-11-2019 at 09:19 PM.

There’s no 1911 grip shorter than a cco/officer, unless you’re willing to go to the detonic type of pistol

My cco is 5” from the bottom of the grip, to the top of the slide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Factory front sight was shooting about 1.25" high at 10 yards. Everything I read said a .180 or .185 is likely the answer. I know DW would have swapped it out for free, but I prefer orange HD type front sights. Purchased an Ed Brown .180 tall HD XR front sight a couple months ago and finally got a chance to install it today. Wouldn't even start in the dovetail, so it took quite a bit of fitting. Won't get a chance to confirm poa/poi until next week, but I'm happy with the fit and sight picture.

Last edited by StraitR; 10-11-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Thanks. My Vigil plus magwell and 10 Rd magazine ends up being ~6" from the top of the rear sight to the well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    BH

What is the story on that holster?
    Very good looking and quite intrigued.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post

TIA PF Hive Mind!
    It still might not fit your criteria, but the Colt Combat Unit CCO model has a grip frame about the same size as a regular Government/Commander grip frame, only with a mag well attached.
    Last edited by Robinson; 10-11-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    BH

What is the story on that holster?
    Very good looking and quite intrigued.
    It's a JRC rig that he put together for me with that custom tail. It's something I've asked for on all my holsters because I'm so damn small. Even G19s and P30s need that extra tuck. I think we call it the Tiger Tail.

I'll be doing a write up on it soon once I get another week or so with it on the range. Oddly Jim didn't know I had those grips and when I saw the first picture of the near finished product, I nearly squealed like a teenage girl meeting Decaprio. The colors worked out beautifully.

Last edited by BaiHu; 10-11-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    It still might not fit your criteria, but the Colt Combat Unit CCO model has a grip frame about the same size as a regular Government/Commander grip frame, only with a mag well attached.
    Do you know if it hits the 5" mark with the magwell from rear sight to well?

User Tag List