Page 157 of 306 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3059

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I'm gonna post my most recent 1911 acquisition in my next post. Please be aware of the tag line above the avatar pic in my profile, left, before you proceed to view. Fair warning for the purists among us.
    You may have gotten a steal of a deal on it but Rock River 1911’s aren’t cheap guns. The reputation they built with their 1911s was what got them taken seriously regarding their earlier AR’s.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You may have gotten a steal of a deal on it but Rock River 1911’s aren’t cheap guns. The reputation they built with their 1911s was what got them taken seriously regarding their earlier AR’s.
    The whole idea of the poly was to bring RR quality to a (barely) below 1k street price. The guns go up pretty quickly from the polymer’s $1025 retail; they are indeed not cheap guns. New street on this one is 9 to $950; of course, used is less. I’m extremely happy with the quality for what I paid. And, I love the sight picture—I forgot to mention that.

As my profile notes: connoisseur, not collector. This is a great freaking gun for the price. Plus, I can beat it like a Glock. Everyone needs a gun that wears like a G19, and shoots like a DW valor. JMB tupperware; I’m in.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 10-28-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Pretty pistol, Pit. Shittyshooter, I’ve been interested in the rockypollys since they came our and have very few datapoints. Please keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Pretty pistol, Pit. Shittyshooter, I’ve been interested in the rockypollys since they came our and have very few datapoints. Please keep us posted.
    LoL. If you only knew; that’s why I bought yet another 1911: any handicap in a storm.

At any rate, I’ll let you know if it messes up. Right now, I’m pleasantly surprised.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAlan View Post
    Why the jb weld on the rear sight?

So it doesn't fall off.

Seriously though...the SA dovetails are larger (enough) that the Heinie sights would walk during recoil. Got them lined up, puttied the gaps with JB Weld, and have put over 1k through the gun since then with nary and issue.

Site Supporter
    @Sidheshooter Good grief, I feel weird about my recent wants for a Lightweight Government let alone a plastic 1911.

j/k -- that's an interesting gun and I'm glad it is working out so far.
    Last edited by Robinson; 10-29-2018 at 10:41 AM.

FIFA :)

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    So it doesn't fall off and it look narley.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    Here's a recent acquisition, a Wilson lightweight Commander. My 1st 1911 9mm. Very nice weapon. The front strap checkering is an option, "Carry Checkering".

Makes me want a copy in 45 ACP. JW
    Well I sure didn't fight that urge long. I was in the right place at the right time. Got a Wilson Hackathorn Special Commander with a light weight frame. The 9mm and 45acp are very close to twins. 9mm has Carry Cuts and the Carry Checkered frame.

Working range tomorrow and Monday so I'll wring it out some.

I know 9mm with modern ammo will get the job done. Hell I was in a gunfight with a 38 special, worked fine. I have a bias put in my head years ago and can't get comfortable with a 9mm. Anyway, looking forward to running some drills with this LW 45.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I posted this photo in this thread earlier, but since then, I took another stab running it through a photo editor and like this version better

We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

DW Guardian 9mm w/ VZ grips
    Attached Images Attached Images   

User Tag List