Page 146 of 308 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

I don’t get the affection for the 1911. It’s a tool, use it when it’s the right tool for the job. Just because it’s more expensive than a basic plastic gun doesn’t make it too good to be used. A steel 1911 is way overbuilt, it could rust for decades and still be perfectly serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I don’t get the affection for the 1911. It’s a tool, use it when it’s the right tool for the job. Just because it’s more expensive than a basic plastic gun doesn’t make it too good to be used. A steel 1911 is way overbuilt, it could rust for decades and still be perfectly serviceable.
    It's not that I'm worried about using it, but I just don't feel like busting rust off of it every time the temperature goes over 80*. I've been carrying my J frame because I don't have to worry about it forming rust not because its a cheaper gun.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    It's not that I'm worried about using it, but I just don't feel like busting rust off of it every time the temperature goes over 80*. I've been carrying my J frame because I don't have to worry about it forming rust not because its a cheaper gun.
    Yup. After just 5 hours helping family move in 90 degree hear there was rust formed on my Springfield loaded. It was cleaned recently and I use grease on the surfaces.

Easy enough to clean but I do need to pull the thumb safety to see if any rust started to form inside. It has after a day before.

Name:  IMG_5076.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  101.9 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

The issue for me is I just want to be lazy. I have a sentimental attachment to my Wilson because it was a gift, partly from someone very close to me that passed away just recently. But my P30 has the same kind of inherent value to me as my 1911s. I just feel like being lazy and not wiping it down at the end of the day or inspecting to see if any sweat crept in anywhere on a solid steel gun... and I feel my P30/Glock has that quasi-forgiving quality of my laziness.

I sweat all over my Armor-Tuff Wilson and it doesn’t rust. I think people aren’t lubing enough. A 1911 needs to wet like an AR.

I sweat all over my Armor-Tuff Wilson and it doesn’t rust. I think people aren’t lubing enough. A 1911 needs to wet like an AR.
    I’ve heard my neighbor Paul (yes that Paul) say for many years, happiness is a wet gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Name:  IMG_5084.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  93.1 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Attachment 27725

More of the same LB Operator love.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List