Page 145 of 307 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 3063

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    The design of the RO? or the 1911, in general?
    The 1911 in general. I have mainly had experience with plastic, no safety, double stack pistols.

There's alot to like, especially for the crowd who is moving toward hammer-fired, manual-safety equipped pistols. I see the 1911 making a comeback, after some years being derided as old and antiquated. The rising popularity of big metal guns like the 92/M9, should bring more people to the 1911 fold

Name:  IMG_5063.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  103.8 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I'll take an order of both... the food and the gun!

Are you doing Keto or Paleo? I've been doing the keto thing since last August and if someone had told me all the good it would have done me I would have said they were bs lying snake-oil salesmen!
    Low Carb-ish.
    Definitely not strict Keto...
    I'm not disciplined enough to exercise off the fat, nor am I disciplined enough to diet off the fat...so I go to the gym a couple times a week and do low carb...not very strict with either one.

After ~1 year of ownership

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    There's alot to like, especially for the crowd who is moving toward hammer-fired, manual-safety equipped pistols. I see the 1911 making a comeback, after some years being derided as old and antiquated. The rising popularity of big metal guns like the 92/M9, should bring more people to the 1911 fold
    See, I thought that the popularity was in full swing about 8 years ago maybe into 2012/13 then got the impression it fizzled. I get the impression though that the popularity of single stack is on the rise. Myself, while I don't feel like caliber or capacity is an issue for me... carrying appendix in the 95+ degree heat and humidity isn't all that fun and i am struggling to stick with it for carrying. 9 months out of the year, an undershirt is no problem. Lately though... whew... just sweating like a hog through everything and I simply care substantially less about a p30 than I do any one of my few 1911s.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    See, I thought that the popularity was in full swing about 8 years ago maybe into 2012/13 then got the impression it fizzled. I get the impression though that the popularity of single stack is on the rise. Myself, while I don't feel like caliber or capacity is an issue for me... carrying appendix in the 95+ degree heat and humidity isn't all that fun and i am struggling to stick with it for carrying. 9 months out of the year, an undershirt is no problem. Lately though... whew... just sweating like a hog through everything and I simply care substantially less about a p30 than I do any one of my few 1911s.
    I hear/feel your pain especially having a blued gun. Finding myself carrying the J frame a lot with this weather lately. Once I get my other one back from cerakoting though I’ll be less inclined to worry about rusting.

Hammertime
    I just learned 1911s are easy to disassemble with a little practice.

User Tag List