Page 142 of 308 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Once I went LWC, I never really felt like carrying much else.
    Once I went LW CCO, I never really felt like carrying much else

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who installed the RMR and suppressor sights? This is a paradigm changer for me. Very cool!

Nighthawk sourced the Trijicon adapter plate, which comes with the tall front sight, and an integral rear sight. They also did the machining for the plate install, cleaned up the sharp edges of the slide, and then nitrided it. Not cheap, by any means, but I have a gun that's as small as a G19, lightweight, shoots great, and has a safety for AIWB.

Nighthawk sourced the Trijicon adapter plate, which comes with the tall front sight, and an integral rear sight. They also did the machining for the plate install, cleaned up the sharp edges of the slide, and then nitrided it. Not cheap, by any means, but I have a gun that's as small as a G19, lightweight, shoots great, and has a safety for AIWB.
    Well I know what my next project is. Apologize for my ignorance but when you say same size as a G19, does that mean commander size?

Coincidentally I set aside my 1911's to EDC and compete with a G19 with an RMR (old eyes). Again very nice!

Mine is the CCO sized 1911. It’s the smaller, officer sized frame with the commander slide. It’s the size of a g19. But slimmer. And the gadget was incorporated into the original design [emoji23]

We'll call it 37oz, loaded, with a steel baseplate on the wilson mag. I just sent my g19 off the get a RM06 installed a few days ago.
    Last edited by theJanitor; 05-18-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Once I went LW CCO, I never really felt like carrying much else
    My next gun will for sure be a 9mm CCO.

Dan Wesson has the new Vigil CCO in 9mm, aluminum frame, no MIM, checkered front strap, ~$1300 MSRP.

I was thinking about building a 9mm CCO this winter, but with a street price around a grand, it's tough to argue with that. I can't build a gun on a Caspian frame for that price, that's for sure.

Name:  36217772-A3E7-4BA4-91A7-2C9628F76949.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  55.9 KB The nighthawk is a 9mm CCO and if I didn’t have a stigmatizem I would put a dot on it! I love your new colt @theJanitor!
    Rick
    Last edited by Paladin; 05-18-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Dan Wesson has the new Vigil CCO in 9mm, aluminum frame, no MIM, checkered front strap, ~$1300 MSRP.

I was thinking about building a 9mm CCO this winter, but with a street price around a grand, it's tough to argue with that. I can't build a gun on a Caspian frame for that price, that's for sure.
    I had Dan Wesson build me a 9mm CCO a couple years ago, when they only offered them in .45. Great gun.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

I’m eyeballing the Vigil as well.

Name:  1AA011EA-592A-4008-91B0-CDD5294B7C80.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  69.0 KB

‘Merica. Fuq Yea.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List