Page 136 of 306 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3059

Thread: 1911 picture thread

This changes everything for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

Who did that? How much? Trijicon mount? Which sights?

That’s gratifying to hear, especially as someone who has a significant probability of macular degeneration.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Name:  ill-be-in-my-bunk.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  12.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    That’s gratifying to hear, especially as someone who has a significant probability of macular degeneration.
    Take this as politely as possible...But I'm not sure I'd share your degenerate tendencies with this group...

As someone with mole-like nearsightedness, I've seriously considered this. The problem is, I also have a bad astigmatism and red dots "bloom" something fierce for me. I keep hoping Leupold will resolve the DP Pro issues and the delta reticle will again become viable for me.

Everything blooms for me too. But that’s a small price to pay for actually being able to focus on a target and aim at it, sinultaneously

And more importantly, I think I can put the dot on a target without glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Who did that? How much? Trijicon mount? Which sights?
    Nighthawk custom. $699 plus the RM06. Nighthawk supplied trijicon mounting plate with integrated night sights

I only sent in the slide. I had NH do a dehorn on the Wiley Clapp slide, as it was pretty sharp, along with a nitride coating. Other additions to the gun were done beforehand (NH bushing and flat wire kit, Grendel trigger, Novak safety, VZ grips). All in all, about the same price as my brother's G19.4/RM06 that atei did up for him

Nighthawk custom. $699 plus the RM06. Nighthawk supplied trijicon mounting plate with integrated night sights

I only sent in the slide. I had NH do a dehorn on the Wiley Clapp slide, as it was pretty sharp, along with a nitride coating. Other additions to the gun were done beforehand (NH bushing and flat wire kit, Grendel trigger, Novak safety, VZ grips). All in all, about the same price as my brother's G19.4/RM06 that atei did up for him
    Thanks.

Red dots aren't perfect circles for me either but it's not a big deal when actually shooting.

@RevolverRob, I think Trijicon offered and adjustable LED RMR with a 1MOA dot. That might be what you need. I haven't looked through one, but I can imagine you could turn up the brightness, and still keep the dot relatively small, even with bloom. Heck, now that I typed that, maybe I should have gone that route
    Last edited by theJanitor; 04-21-2018 at 12:24 PM.

I have been seriously considering doing this red dot setup on my 9mm full size rail build that's currently in process. I can see irons fine, thankfully no real vision issues (yet) but I'm super "dot curious". But I also keep thinking that perhaps the best way to "try it out" is to pick up a second hand GLOCK slide and give that a good solid run for a few months before I commit to having a 1911 slide set up for an RMR.

Following your progress over the next few weeks/months to see how you acclimate to it.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

User Tag List