Page 13 of 308 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    No, Todd's right. You should have used a /smaller/ caliber to shoot the stuck bullet out of the P35 barrel.

Wait, do they make smaller calibers?
    Than a 9mm? If so, I've never heard of it.

I can't imagine what the point to it would bee.
    Last edited by ToddG; 10-17-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: because I don't know the difference between "edit" and "reply to"

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by blr View Post
    Than a 9mm? If so, I've never heard of it.
    I can't imagine what the point to it would bee.
    Shooting the little extra "e" off the word "be" in your posts, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Shooting the little extra "e" off the word "be" in your posts, perhaps?
    Can't shoot the bee's dude. They pollinate the hops plants, which are needed to make beer.

Attachment 1097

VZ OP II's in Predator Green
    2007 Wilson CQBomatic

Attachment 1098

VZ OP II's Red/White/Blue limited run
    Battle scarred plain Jane S&W sporting 10-8 rear/Dawson FO front/C&S trigger and Wilson Ambi safety. All installed by yours truly (and it still runs!)
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

That's awesome Sean. How does it run?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Put 200 rounds of Blazer through it this AM, trying to scare the storm away.

Ran fine for me, but one of the RO's at the local range ran his high thumbs so high along the slide, it malfunctioned literally, 10 out of 10 attempts. It was quite comical. Handed to the other RO, ran great. Back to me, ran great. To the GF's 12 year old...........ran great.

It has all of the blast of a .357 Magnum, but is no more difficult to manage than a .45.

It is a beast of a gun, heavier than any other pistol I own, and probably heavier than two Glocks. But it is reliable, shoots a major caliber cartridge, sights I can see, and a trigger I can manage. Hmmmmmmm......seems to me someone who knows more about pistol shooting than I do came up with a criteria similar to that.

As for the why...............why not? I have 4 other .357's so ammo is not an issue. I didn't have a 1911 chambered in .357. And the whole "Spend that money on ammo and training" philosophy doesn't work with my schedule right now.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

It's f------ awesome.

A student was kind enough to let me shoot a Coonan several months back. It is now on my list of guns to buy when I come into stupid money. Completely unpractical for me at this time, but is was extremely accurate and a joy to shoot.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    It's f------ awesome.
    Yeah, it is kind of. The only downside is that sooner or later I will have to start to reload for it. I have about 3k rounds of .357 left over from days gone by, but since this one goes through ammo faster than my SA Revolvers, I suspect the stash will decline rapidly. Plus it is fun to shoot. Once I get a few more spare mags and a mag pouch for it, I'll run it for some steel challenge games, and/or in Limited 10 Major. Pretty sure it will make major.

User Tag List