Page 127 of 308 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Lololol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Hahaha that’s what @newyork and @theJanitor did to me so I’m glad to pass it along.
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    I'm guessing the bill started to grow as they gave you suggestions.....
    Actually, it was the opposite. I called because I wanted a quote on getting the whole thing stripped and blued with polished flats on slide and frame. He said they can do it, no problem, but mentioned that when stripping and blueing guns that started life finished in coating that adds dimensional thickness, slide to frame fit will change and may require tightening. Other fitted parts may be affected as well. So they could do it all, stripping, blueing, and tightening, but it's a daily carry gun for me, so in all likelihood, the AT is a better option anyway.

Then thought about sending it in for a refinish in black AT (the second call), but Wilson recommends only stripping and re-coating AT guns three times (might have been five) due to the material removed in the stripping (blasting) process. I figured I wouldn't waste one of those times being flippant on color. I'll keep rocking the FDE, it's somewhat unique (or was lol), and I still dig it, just not as much as blue steel and walnut stocks.

It’s still bad ass imo

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Actually, it was the opposite. I called because I wanted a quote on getting the whole thing stripped and blued with polished flats on slide and frame. He said they can do it, no problem, but mentioned that when stripping and blueing guns that started life finished in coating that adds dimensional thickness, slide to frame fit will change and may require tightening. Other fitted parts may be affected as well. So they could do it all, stripping, blueing, and tightening, but it's a daily carry gun for me, so in all likelihood, the AT is a better option anyway.

Then thought about sending it in for a refinish in black AT (the second call), but Wilson recommends only stripping and re-coating AT guns three times (might have been five) due to the material removed in the stripping (blasting) process. I figured I wouldn't waste one of those times being flippant on color. I'll keep rocking the FDE, it's somewhat unique (or was lol), and I still dig it, just not as much as blue steel and walnut stocks.
    Ahhh, I ran into the same thing when I asked if I could the AT removed from my Wilson in favor of bluing. I say stick with you have now, that gun is still pretty awesome.

Rich

The full size Wilson in the pic was armor tuff black and I had them blue it and tighten slide to frame as it wasn’t tight when new and they did an awesome job!
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

1992 Wilson Colt

Just picked her up today. Very impressed to say the least.

In an ideal situation Id have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could be a fist for punching.

User Tag List