Page 116 of 308 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Same guy has an Essex frame and slide that he shot single stack with from about '94 until 2014 we figured that he has shot about 2 1/2 tons of lead through it!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I never really liked the 2 tone look but it's been growing on me.
    I've been fighting the urge to put together a Pachmayr Combat special lookalike...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I've been fighting the urge to put together a Pachmayr Combat special lookalike...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    If it happens you MUST post pictures here. Jason Burton's version is really sweet.

The beavertail really dates this early 80 Series Combat Government Model. Back when Ed Brown was still a one-man operation, I had him work the trigger, fit a NM bushing, grip safety, trigger and EN the frame (which he was doing in-house at the time).

On my initial trip to Gunsite for my 250 Class, Ted Yost was still running the gunsmithy and offered to install the Novak's as an expedited overnight job. I told him how I wanted it zeroed and dropped it off after class one evening about 5 o'clock. He gave me a loaner gun for the following day, but I only needed it for part of the day since he had my gun back to me by lunch time. How's that for customer service?

I won the Saturday morning class shoot-off with this gun in a very contentious final match-up. Me and the runner-up (another LEO who worked for LAPD) worked our way through the J-ladder fairly quickly, but we had to shoot the drill many,many times before I could beat him with two out of three runs.

The gun was carried for a while as a duty sidearm and while the EN held up perfectly, the bluing on the slide took the brunt of the wear and tear. I heard about Walt Birdsong from a Class III guy who had seen some work he was doing on a military contract. He wasn't advertising his Black-T finish at that time but he agreed to do my slide when I called .... he was (RIP) a super nice guy, BTW.

It hasn't seen much use since then, but it's a sentimental favorite for having drawn blood on a little 5-point buck as well.

Last edited by 41magfan; 02-11-2018 at 11:02 AM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Maybe you mentioned it before @newyork. It what are you using for a camera? You take good pictures.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

iPhone 7 Plus and Snapseed editing app.

Thanks Gregg.

User Tag List