Page 100 of 308 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Novak's and 10-8 fiber front sights look like they'd protect the tube a little better. If I really wanted an FO front it might be worth looking into.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I use the 10 - 8 sights on my carry Walther 99.
    The front sight is built very well and seems that it would resist abuse.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

At only 500 some rounds I would wonder about either rod quality or installation error. My ameriglo fiber sight has over 10,000 rounds and still going and that sight leaves the rod almost completely exposed. My 10-8 performance fiber guns are about half that round count and no issues.

Definitely an installation error or a bad piece of rod.

I've had fiber rods go for years of very high volume shooting on USPSA guns.

The key is to melt it in right.

Put the rod through the sight.

I take a fingernail file and square up the end of the rod, maybe not necessary, but I have good results. I think it makes the rod form a stronger ball when you melt it.

Melt the end of the rod, but don't let the flame touch the rod. When you have a little ball on the rod, gently pull it into the recess. This makes a perfect fit and helps to hold the rod securely.

Cut the other end about 1/16" from the sight. File the end square.

Melt the rod again with indirect heat. When the rod melts it should pull itself tight in the sight. This can a take a little trial and error to gt the cut length just right, not all fibers melt/shrink the same.

When the rod is tight in the recessed hole on the serrated side, and pulled tight across the span of the sight, it's not going anywhere for a loong time.

10-8 makes the best fiber optic front IMO. It's longer than most and uses a bigger rod. They also have a rib in the middle to protect the rod. Great sights.

When a guy wants to make a trade for his 1911 for two HK P2000's and a Gen. 5 19.. Do it!
    Name:  IMG_2018.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  74.3 KB
    Like new maybe 250rds fired Wilson Combat SS CQB vintage 2011. Oh and my new Strider DB in CPM 3V showed up today as well.
    Last edited by CDFIII; 09-01-2017 at 02:40 PM.

I really need an updated pic, but for now.

Combat Precision Technologies built his/hers matched set. Hers in 9mm, his in .45; both come with fitted threaded barrels as well, because Shhhhhhh! Suppressors.

As much as I enjoy watching a Colt or Springfield turned into functional art, there is something truly special about guns built from scratch by a master craftsman.

Thanks Chris James!!

You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

So it was as you who ordered up that set. Congrats, looks like a killer combo.

Now I'm down to waiting on two.....a Jason Burton Heirloom Precision series 70 9mm Commander, and a Stan Chen full house custom.

I will say I've become more patient in my old age, but at the same time, I'm looking forward to not having any guns in the shop.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Name:  Kimber and Natchez.JPG
Views: 1447
Size:  93.7 KB

1997 Kimber Custom Classic that I carried to Thunder Ranch back in 1998. (Took a G19, too, of course.) In 2001 I had Robar change out any MIM parts, new springs and coated with NP3. Heinie Ledge sights, VZ G10 grips and an S&A magwell ride on it today. I genuinely don't know the round count of this pistol as it was a loaner in my little tribe that has been to several pistol classes and countless matches in that role. It's mainly a safe queen these days as pretty much anyone I know that's worth talking to runs a Glock these days.

Name:  Kimber.jpg
Views: 1563
Size:  40.7 KB

User Tag List