Page 143 of 307 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 3061

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Name:  258B3CEB-F550-4968-A615-EBF58B794AEA.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  57.3 KB

Because I forgot, here is the general info:

His/Hers matched pair; .45 for him, and 9mm for the one who squats to pee.

These are 2&3 out of four total guns I’ve had built by Chris James at Combat Precision Technologies. The fourth is still in the build process, a series 70 Commander in 9mm for the wife’s carry 1911.

And I’ve finally made it to the part where I have paid my deposit on my Grail gun......... still probably a good year or two out from getting it started on the bench, but I was at least able to get the builder to say “yes” to me while he has been saying “no” to most everyone else for several years. Figure it will be 2021 by the time it is complete. Planning on it running upwards of 10 large........ fortunately, I commissioned the build in 2011, so I’ll have had ten years to salt away the cash to fund it. Of course, I’ll never shoot it unless the ultimate owner lets me. But it will look cool in the UFMC.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I had Dan Wesson build me a 9mm CCO a couple years ago, when they only offered them in .45. Great gun.

I like my .45 CCO a bunch. I’m not sure it’s that much harder to shoot and with one round at stake I’m reasonably happy with the terminal trade off. I would not kick a 9 out of bed for eating crackers tho.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Name:  258B3CEB-F550-4968-A615-EBF58B794AEA.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  57.3 KB

Because I forgot, here is the general info:

His/Hers matched pair; .45 for him, and 9mm for the one who squats to pee.

These are 2&3 out of four total guns I’ve had built by Chris James at Combat Precision Technologies. The fourth is still in the build process, a series 70 Commander in 9mm for the wife’s carry 1911.

And I’ve finally made it to the part where I have paid my deposit on my Grail gun......... still probably a good year or two out from getting it started on the bench, but I was at least able to get the builder to say “yes” to me while he has been saying “no” to most everyone else for several years. Figure it will be 2021 by the time it is complete. Planning on it running upwards of 10 large........ fortunately, I commissioned the build in 2011, so I’ll have had ten years to salt away the cash to fund it. Of course, I’ll never shoot it unless the ultimate owner lets me. But it will look cool in the UFMC.
    That’s awesome. I’ve been admiring Chris’s work for years. I have one full house custom, but mainly hang around at the semi-custom level. (Wilson and Nighthawk).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I like my .45 CCO a bunch. I’m not sure it’s that much harder to shoot and with one round at stake I’m reasonably happy with the terminal trade off. I would not kick a 9 out of bed for eating crackers tho.
    I had a .45 CCO for a while and the difference, to me, is significant. I broke my hand about 8 years ago, and I can’t shoot a lot out of aluminum-framed .45’s before it becomes not very fun. I can shoot aluminum-framed 9mm 1911’s all day, though, without issue.

Plus, when DW built my 9mm, they gave me a LE discount. I actually got the custom gun built cheaper than I could have a bought a stock .45 CCO from Bud’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List