Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137
Results 1,361 to 1,367 of 1367

Thread: 1911 picture thread

  1. #1361
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Who did that? How much? Trijicon mount? Which sights?
    Nighthawk custom. $699 plus the RM06. Nighthawk supplied trijicon mounting plate with integrated night sights

    I only sent in the slide. I had NH do a dehorn on the Wiley Clapp slide, as it was pretty sharp, along with a nitride coating. Other additions to the gun were done beforehand (NH bushing and flat wire kit, Grendel trigger, Novak safety, VZ grips). All in all, about the same price as my brother's G19.4/RM06 that atei did up for him

  2. #1362
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Nighthawk custom. $699 plus the RM06. Nighthawk supplied trijicon mounting plate with integrated night sights

    I only sent in the slide. I had NH do a dehorn on the Wiley Clapp slide, as it was pretty sharp, along with a nitride coating. Other additions to the gun were done beforehand (NH bushing and flat wire kit, Grendel trigger, Novak safety, VZ grips). All in all, about the same price as my brother's G19.4/RM06 that atei did up for him
    Thanks.

    Red dots aren't perfect circles for me either but it's not a big deal when actually shooting.

  3. #1363
    @RevolverRob, I think Trijicon offered and adjustable LED RMR with a 1MOA dot. That might be what you need. I haven't looked through one, but I can imagine you could turn up the brightness, and still keep the dot relatively small, even with bloom. Heck, now that I typed that, maybe I should have gone that route
    Last edited by theJanitor; 04-21-2018 at 12:24 PM.

  4. #1364
    Site Supporter Jason F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

    This changes everything for me
    I have been seriously considering doing this red dot setup on my 9mm full size rail build that's currently in process. I can see irons fine, thankfully no real vision issues (yet) but I'm super "dot curious". But I also keep thinking that perhaps the best way to "try it out" is to pick up a second hand GLOCK slide and give that a good solid run for a few months before I commit to having a 1911 slide set up for an RMR.

    Following your progress over the next few weeks/months to see how you acclimate to it.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

  5. #1365
    2017 PFestP320 Winner RevolverRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baddest part of town...
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    @RevolverRob, I think Trijicon offered and adjustable LED RMR with a 1MOA dot. That might be what you need. I haven't looked through one, but I can imagine you could turn up the brightness, and still keep the dot relatively small, even with bloom. Heck, now that I typed that, maybe I should have gone that route
    For me it’s two-fold. Dots bloom and I prefer a 6 o’clock hold with a delta or straight line front sight, it works best with my brain. For the cost of going dot, I can have a Yost gold-line front sight installed and regulated by Harrison and have cash left over for ammo.

    I really wish Trijicon would do a proper RMR with a delta, instead of the dual-illum.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

  6. #1366
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    I have been seriously considering doing this red dot setup on my 9mm full size rail build that's currently in process. I can see irons fine, thankfully no real vision issues (yet) but I'm super "dot curious". But I also keep thinking that perhaps the best way to "try it out" is to pick up a second hand GLOCK slide and give that a good solid run for a few months before I commit to having a 1911 slide set up for an RMR.

    Following your progress over the next few weeks/months to see how you acclimate to it.
    I really like the idea but when I shoot my wife's g19/rmr I'm left unenthused. I love RMRs so it's not that, I have 1 on my go to carbine and my shockwave

    I've also thought about the Ed Brown slide thats already milled. Add in the trijicon mount and you're looking at $500+ before the optic or the parts.
    Last edited by 03RN; 04-21-2018 at 05:31 PM.

  7. #1367
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post


    This changes everything for me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That gun looks sweet!

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TLG 1970–2016 RIPRampageForTheCure.org