Page 133 of 307 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3063

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Why LB cuts the feet like that is beyond me. it would seem simple to use a round file. Whos fitting the new tube?

Well the one that is still intact was beat up pretty good. I had a weird malfunction in a match at the start and then finished the match to find this upon coming home, so that lug is a bit deformed.

Local gunsmith here in New Mexico that I trust is putting it back together. He does lots of 2011 builds for the locals.

JFK, can you take an in focus pic of the other lug (the one that didn't break)?

Hard to take a good pic of this, but when les baer fits the feet, they don't leave a nice radius where the slide stop pin rides. It's pretty abrupt, and if his barrel break, it's normally there. It's a known thing to LB, but he's got enough guns out there that he calls any breakage an anomaly. But most of his customers won't get to 50k either. And many go for that long without breaking. It's pretty hard to argue with him (rephrase: it's hard to have an argument with him)

Barrels are a wear item, so in the end, it's not a big deal, I guess. It's just that you'd rather wear them out, vice breaking them

LB commander barrel on top, Colt commander barrel on the bottom
    Last edited by theJanitor; 04-18-2018 at 05:49 PM.

I see what you are saying. It is pretty abrupt. Even if the gun was done I feel like I got my use out of it.

I was impressed it ran another 150 rounds broken. You can see where the frame took some beating because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've only got a couple thousand rounds through mine. in 10 plus years. So I'm sure I can live with mine too

Everything on a Baer is fit with the same quality and attention to detail as their barrels. They use semi drop in Karts and they file the lower lugs with a flat file, get the hood close, and whack it into battery with a hammer. It took me longer to type that than it does for them to do it. But that bank vault lock up though...

Yep, I’ve seen that exact same breakage on other high round-count Baers.

Soon, my little friend. soon....

So...I'm not saying I have a problem...But something this way comes Soon™...With special thanks to a PF'er for hooking me up with something I've wanted for a very long time.

Name:  IMG_3181.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  45.1 KB
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 04-19-2018 at 10:42 PM.

User Tag List