Page 293 of 308 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Cartwright View Post
    Lost River:

Some day when we are in the same zip code, I want to shoot that Commander. I have no idea why I am so enamored with that set up. Very cool!

Bruce
    I will make sure I put it in the old blue FJ62 for the next handgun shooters Rendezvous around Salmon!

Site Supporter
    Okay, so that gun is a Tank Commander 9mm made by Tisas. Yep, in Turkey. And the thing shoots the lights out.

The only things I've done to it are different grips and I painted the front sight. The rear sight is factory stock, and is different from the Harrison part.

You see, aside from my more modern 1911s (I currently carry a Wilson Combat) I still like the traditional guns and own several made by Colt and other manufacturers in three calibers. Mostly for fun and just because I like them. And to be honest, I wouldn't hesitate to carry the gun in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    IIRC, in the origin story of the Cylinder and Slide Trident pistol, the warfighter that helped spec the pistol, fell and landed with his 1911 under him. Turns out the S$A magwell got bent and clamped the magazine into the gun, rendering it to an 8-shot semi
    Janitor:

I have heard that account as well and it certainly gives one pause when selecting a magazine well for a 1911. I tend to use magazine wells on 1911s as all of the FBI 1911s required them and I never saw or heard of a similar situation involving a Bureau 1911. Agents are pretty hard on gear and the term "Agent Proof" comes to mind. Probably the ultimate solution is the swaged out magazine well Ross Seyfried had on some of his match winning 1911s. That or a welded on magazine well. Thanks for pointing that out!

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I will make sure I put it in the old blue FJ62 for the next handgun shooters Rendezvous around Salmon!
    Lost River:

Most excellent!

Many thanks in advance,

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Okay, so that gun is a Tank Commander 9mm made by Tisas. Yep, in Turkey. And the thing shoots the lights out.

The only things I've done to it are different grips and I painted the front sight. The rear sight is factory stock, and is different from the Harrison part.

You see, aside from my more modern 1911s (I currently carry a Wilson Combat) I still like the traditional guns and own several made by Colt and other manufacturers in three calibers. Mostly for fun and just because I like them. And to be honest, I wouldn't hesitate to carry the gun in the picture.
    I should probably have my eyes checked! It must have been the 1/2 bottle of vino and thinking about the (sold to a friend!) Colt S70 repro I had Mr. Harrison perform a reliability package on w/ his added his sights - while perusing the gallery.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KneeShot View Post
    the (sold to a friend!) Colt S70 repro I had Mr. Harrison perform a reliability package on w/ his added his sights
    Ouch, that has to hurt.

My young son asked me the other day if he could have a 1911. I told him that I already had one built for him, pending he comes of age, and is a responsible man. He's never seen this, but I did have this built with him in mind (when he was three )

My young son asked me the other day if he could have a 1911. I told him that I already had one built for him, pending he comes of age, and is a responsible man. He's never seen this, but I did have this built with him in mind (when he was three )

Dad?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Dad?
    Send pics of Mom. For verification purposes, of course

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    23 years of shooting 1911s and I get my first magwell.
    Nighthawk had a sale around the 4th on their lanyard loop one I couldn't resist.
    Attachment 107119
    Did you change out the stocks from the Herrett's checkered, or are my eyes just seeing things? Looks like G10 in the pic.

IIRC, in the origin story of the Cylinder and Slide Trident pistol, the warfighter that helped spec the pistol, fell and landed with his 1911 under him. Turns out the S$A magwell got bent and clamped the magazine into the gun, rendering it to an 8-shot semi
    I just ordered a Wilson slip-on magwell because of this possibility.....plus my penchant for arched MSH's and thin grips leaves S&A the only other contender that I found. I figure if my magwell gets FUBAR'd, the frame will, too.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List