Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149
Results 1,481 to 1,489 of 1489

Thread: 1911 picture thread

One day. One day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Yep CQB LW specíd with nekkid slide, medium trigger, 25LPI checkering, Cocobolo grips, and Armor Tuff everything everything black.
    Is there some advantage of the Cocobolo over something like G10? Other than looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Is there some advantage of the Cocobolo over something like G10? Other than looks.

I like wood on an aluminum frame because it takes a lot less torque to hold them on and they donít scratch the frame like G10 will. I have G10 on a couple of steel frames with Challis bushings and O rings but they still donít stay on as good as wood.

I really donít want to spin a bushing on an aluminum frame.

Are you happy with the grippiness of wood stock panels? I found the ones on my SW191PD to be too slippery during heavy rain.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Are you happy with the grippiness of wood stock panels? I found the ones on my SW191PD to be too slippery during heavy rain.
    The wood stock panels on my Colt (I got them from Nutmeg for $40) are grippier than the Black VZ checkered double diamond G10 grips I have.

Site Supporter
    I love the full checkered medallion stocks on Colts. I find they give sufficient purchase on the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    The wood stock panels on my Colt (I got them from Nutmeg for $40) are grippier than the Black VZ checkered double diamond G10 grips I have.
    Nice!

Like I said, I found the stock panels on my Smith & Wesson too slick. I thought they were just fine until one day when I was out shooting in heavy rain. After that, they had to go.

I went with VZ panels myself. They're not nearly as pretty as the original wooden ones, but the amount of grip is outstanding. The grip screws do keep backing out very quickly though, which is annoying.

Name:  IMG_20180727_181659577_HDR.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  101.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Nice!

Like I said, I found the stock panels on my Smith & Wesson too slick. I thought they were just fine until one day when I was out shooting in heavy rain. After that, they had to go.

I went with VZ panels myself. They're not nearly as pretty as the original wooden ones, but the amount of grip is outstanding. The grip screws do keep backing out very quickly though, which is annoying.
    Nice pistol. The little rubber O-rings you can get work great for keeping the grip screws tight. VZ sells them, as do others. You can probably find some at a home improvement/hardware store.

1911 picture thread

Iíve found the walnut colt medallion grips to be very grippy as well.

Iíve tried rosewood and i think cocobolo and they just didnít have the same bite walnut stocks do

edit*Forgot this was a pic thread

Last edited by richiecotite; 07-27-2018 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Adding picture, since picture thread and whatnot
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

User Tag List