Page 149 of 307 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 3061

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Are you happy with the grippiness of wood stock panels? I found the ones on my SW191PD to be too slippery during heavy rain.
    The wood stock panels on my Colt (I got them from Nutmeg for $40) are grippier than the Black VZ checkered double diamond G10 grips I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Site Supporter
    I love the full checkered medallion stocks on Colts. I find they give sufficient purchase on the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    The wood stock panels on my Colt (I got them from Nutmeg for $40) are grippier than the Black VZ checkered double diamond G10 grips I have.
    Nice!

Like I said, I found the stock panels on my Smith & Wesson too slick. I thought they were just fine until one day when I was out shooting in heavy rain. After that, they had to go.

I went with VZ panels myself. They're not nearly as pretty as the original wooden ones, but the amount of grip is outstanding. The grip screws do keep backing out very quickly though, which is annoying.

Name:  IMG_20180727_181659577_HDR.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  101.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Nice!

Like I said, I found the stock panels on my Smith & Wesson too slick. I thought they were just fine until one day when I was out shooting in heavy rain. After that, they had to go.

I went with VZ panels myself. They're not nearly as pretty as the original wooden ones, but the amount of grip is outstanding. The grip screws do keep backing out very quickly though, which is annoying.
    Nice pistol. The little rubber O-rings you can get work great for keeping the grip screws tight. VZ sells them, as do others. You can probably find some at a home improvement/hardware store.

1911 picture thread

I’ve found the walnut colt medallion grips to be very grippy as well.

I’ve tried rosewood and i think cocobolo and they just didn’t have the same bite walnut stocks do

edit*Forgot this was a pic thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richiecotite; 07-27-2018 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Adding picture, since picture thread and whatnot
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Wilson X-Tac 9mm 6 months in

I've had this pistol around about 6 months now. I've carried it quite a bit, shot it a fair amount.

As of today it's at 6,327 rounds. 1581.75 average between stoppages. Take away crap ammo and crap mags and it's zero. Whodathunkit??

4 stoppages.

-2 FTFeed caused by belled case mouths on some Winchester ammo from '09.
    -1 FTFeed with Winchester Forged. That stuff has very rough cases and I'm surprised it fed the other 149.
    -1 bolt over base FTFeed on the first round from slide lock today with a Metalform mag. These mags could use stronger springs. I'm going to see if the springs Dawson makes for the 10 round Metalforms will work with these 9 rounders.

This pistol had digested almost 500 rounds of hollowpoints, the majority being HST 147. No malfunctions with JHP thankfully.

It ejects brass in a nice pile at about 3:30, with a mag or without.

I don't have any trouble shooting 5" groups at 25 yards standing with this. That's not impressive by any means, but I'm not a good shooter and it's usually windy as hell when I shoot. Strong and weak hand only with a 5" 9mm is too easy. It makes everything easy really.

Trigger is luscious and everything is silky smooth. I've never cleaned this pistol so it's lapped itself in really nicely. I may clean it at some point. I run it wet so it cleans itself. I wipe off the excess oil after I shoot it so it doesn't end up in my holster.

Thank God for polished feed ramps huh?
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 08-16-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Looking good M2C. No shocker on the reliability. Unfortunately, mine is coming up on two years of almost daily carry, but hasn't seen nearly the round count of yours. A tolerable sacrifice after having baby number two, I'm afraid. Still, not one bobble, even as I shot up all my old and random carry ammo piled up at the bottom of my safe.

SR1911 .45 Commander with aged buffalo bone stocks from SK Grips

Last edited by awp_101; 08-18-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Looking good M2C. No shocker on the reliability. Unfortunately, mine is coming up on two years of almost daily carry, but hasn't seen nearly the round count of yours. A tolerable sacrifice after having baby number two, I'm afraid. Still, not one bobble, even as I shot up all my old and random carry ammo piled up at the bottom of my safe.

Is that a 45 or a 9?

I played with mine with the mag that gave me the bolt over base and I couldn't get it to do it again unless I didn't have it seated all the way. Which is totally possible as I'm used to the extended length ETMs bs those welded base mags.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Is that a 45 or a 9?

I played with mine with the mag that gave me the bolt over base and I couldn't get it to do it again unless I didn't have it seated all the way. Which is totally possible as I'm used to the extended length ETMs bs those welded base mags.
    Steel framed 9mm CCP.
    Last edited by StraitR; 08-19-2018 at 03:53 PM.

User Tag List