Page 14 of 308 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Site Supporter
    Nice pics folks thank's for sharing.

My one and only 1911 at the moment a Colt Special Combat Government chambered in 38Super it doesn't look as new any more, I have a baer CC chambered in 38Super on order.

And I am working on another build I just need to work out a few things.

A few dirty pics.

Properly done, panic buying takes time and planning. For instance, this was ordered over a year ago. Arrived a little late, but whatever.

A Baron blued CQB-E. Should be a hoot to shoot.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    As for the why...
    Because few things are a PhD sheepskin in Gun Nerd like a Coonan, that's why.

(On the same note, I was actually looking at an IAR Grizzly in .45 Win Mag at the fun show today. It sure was neat. Thank Vishnu I'm poor... )
    Last edited by Tamara; 11-25-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Hi, I didn't see a place for new members to introduce themselves, so I thought I would start here. Looks like a very well maintained, informative forum. I tend to read a lot, and post occasionally. I am an old shooter, and hope I will be able to contribute. Since this is a Picture Thread, below is my Ruger SR1911. Mods by John Harrison, Grips are Exhibition Grade Desert Ironwood by Sarge. He inlaid the medallions from the factory grips for me.

Thanks for having me.

NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-R View Post
    , below is my Ruger SR1911. Mods by John Harrison, Grips are Exhibition Grade Desert Ironwood by Sarge.
    That's the first piece of work I've seen done on Ruger canvas. It looks really nice. If you happen to have time, please keep us posted on how it holds up.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    WOW Jerry that is avery nice looking pistol you have posted, I would love to here how she run's.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Guys - much appreciated. A range review is "coming soon to a theater near you". I live fairly close to Mr. Harrison and had the pleasure of meeting him during this project. He is a true gentleman, and consummate professional. I could not possibly be more pleased with the final product.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Benefactor Member

That Ruger looks great. As much as i have tried with all my heart to not like the Ruger 1911, I have been impressed with every example that I shot over the last year. I have begun recommending them over Kimber's and other entry level 1911 platforms. I can't wait to see the build sheet on the one pictured.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-R View Post
    Thanks Guys - much appreciated. A range review is "coming soon to a theater near you". I live fairly close to Mr. Harrison and had the pleasure of meeting him during this project. He is a true gentleman, and consummate professional. I could not possibly be more pleased with the final product.
    Jerry, do I know you from IDPA? I'm in Atlanta as well and also a 1911 nerd.

User Tag List