Page 178 of 305 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 3045

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Chuck Rogers
    www.RogersPrecision.com
    Cheap-Fast-Good............pick any two.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Not to clutter up this thread but tell me about that 19 without the hump on the backstrap. The 19 would be my favorite carry gun if it wasn't for that "feature". Doesn't fit my big hands at all.
    That 19 belongs to @theJanitor. I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pistolwrench View Post
    That is one heck of a base gun and a great 1911. Starting with one of the Colt "WMK" pistols, a world-class smith delivers the goods.

Site Supporter
    Not to clutter up this thread but tell me about that 19 without the hump on the backstrap. The 19 would be my favorite carry gun if it wasn't for that "feature". Doesn't fit my big hands at all.
    The G19 has a more pronounced hump than other Glocks. The various hump reductions make the whole grip smaller which may be an issue if you have big hands.

As someone who also has big hands the Grip Force Adapter fills in the space between the tang and the hump and changes the grip angle from the Glock 17 degree to more like conventional 11 degree grip angles. It makes the G 19 fit my hand much better than the factory back-straps.

The beaver tail on the GFA will also help prevent slide bite if you are running a Gen 2 or 3.

http://gripforceproducts.com/Home_HSQ6.php
    Last edited by HCM; 06-23-2019 at 02:32 PM.

It's actually a chopped G17.3 I tried to mimic the 1911 grip angle, as I was setting it up as my second RMR pistol. It's not perfect, but the shop got it pretty close

Took the nice wood grips off while I vet this gun and get my holster. Loving it so far, but can't run many drills to compare it to my P30 and G19 days.

Did I mention I love it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Picked this up recently - Springfield Professional. Got a pretty good deal on it. Wearing LOK thin grips. Shoots like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by pistolwrench View Post
    I feel like I'd fancy those grips-where can I find them?
    TIA
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

That Colt is badass...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Will this work so that I can use it instinctively in vital combat against an opponent who is determined to prevent me from doing so, and who is striving to eliminate me by fair means or foul?" ~ Col. Rex Applegate

User Tag List