Page 300 of 308 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Attachment 111708

I’ve set up the Tisas as a “backup ‘we have a TRP at home’ clone”” of my TRP. All it took was some grip tape and matching grips (sans magwell). They have the same sight picture, control layout, and serrations.

There is definitely something wonky with the Tisas frame dimensions. Nothing that impacts the operations of the pistol, but it actually took a while to fit that set of Herrett slabs. The grip bushings were just a couple thou off from where they are supposed to be (based on how these slabs fit Springfield, Colt, Kimber, and RIA frames). The ambi safety extension is also much thicker than any safety I have ever seen. I had to move some wood around to get this all set up.
    Did the Tisas come with the sights that way from the factory or did you change them out for Novak Sights?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Did the Tisas come with the sights that way from the factory or did you change them out for Novak Sights?
    That's the B45 Duty. Comes with Novak pattern sights, undercut frame, and an ambi safety.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Site Supporter
    Name:  pm-c.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  55.3 KB

OMG You Guys

I am giddy. I picked up one of my few personal grail 1911s, a Mil-Spec Springfield Operator without the front cocking serrations, and sent it off to Mr. Jim Milks along with my hopes and dreams. To say that I am thrilled is an understatement. Pics below.

Name:  IMG_4639.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4638.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  68.7 KB

I don’t own many guns, and I’ve tried to own quality. This is best I can do for this base gun, and this is the highest quality pistol that I own. I hope I keep it forever and put a million rounds through it.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I am giddy. I picked up one of my few personal grail 1911s, a Mil-Spec Springfield Operator without the front cocking serrations, and sent it off to Mr. Jim Milks along with my hopes and dreams. To say that I am thrilled is an understatement. Pics below.

I don’t own many guns, and I’ve tried to own quality. This is best I can do for this base gun, and this is the highest quality pistol that I own. I hope I keep it forever and put a million rounds through it.
    That’s rad!

I remember when the first Operators came out back in 2005… I was a kid assigned to custody as a deputy. They introduced the Mil-Spec and Loaded, which both had bushing barrels, and the TRP with its bull barrel. I bought one of the Loaded versions because I thought it was so cool (as was the Surefire original X200 I bought with it) but sold it a year or two later because I had been told the department would “never” approve 1911s. Fast forward a decade and I was able to change that. I do miss that Loaded Operator.

Your gun is extra cool because you have the old school Mil-Sec vibe with no front serrations coupled with the optic mount. Well done!

Joining in on the fun with this Series 70 Limited Edition Colt Government
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Close-space vertical rear serrations only on a blued Colt with ring hammer is one of my fave styles. Nice gun!
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List