Page 196 of 307 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3063

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Nothin’ to see here...

Attachment 47571
    IBS. Niiiiice. I've had a couple, and they didn't fit me right, but John's work is flawless

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Nothin’ to see here...
    That is a nice holster. Who made it?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    That is a nice holster. Who made it?
    It’s an IBS (Inside Burton Scabbard) made by John Ralston of 5Shot Leather.

Recoil Gun Works recently had some trade-in SA 9mm Range Officer Operators. I was able to grab one literally right before they sold out. After I placed my order I was going to share the link in one of the 9mm 1911 threads and by then they were already sold out. Anyway, whoever had this one was probably a gun guy because the sights have been swapped for straight-8's, the front strap has grip tape thats even tucked under the grips and the inside was spotless. Few scuffs on the outside but overall pretty nice for a former cop gun. I've been wanting to try a 9mm 1911 for a while so I'm pretty stoked for this.

Name:  9mm operator.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  74.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Took the 9mm Range Officer Operator (the name is way too short. They should make it longer) out to the range. This thing is every bit as soft shooting and fun as I expected. I did have one failure to extract resulting in a double feed and one case that bounced off my hat so the extractor is probably on the way out. But I fully expected a used 9mm Springfield 1911 to not be perfect. Not sure if I'll send it off to get worked over of just keep it as a range toy and try to get a Dan Wesson down the road.

Name:  operator 2.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  105.3 KB
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Took the 9mm Range Officer Operator (the name is way too short. They should make it longer) out to the range. This thing is every bit as soft shooting and fun as I expected. I did have one failure to extract resulting in a double feed and one case that bounced off my hat so the extractor is probably on the way out. But I fully expected a used 9mm Springfield 1911 to not be perfect. Not sure if I'll send it off to get worked over of just keep it as a range toy and try to get a Dan Wesson down the road.

Name:  operator 2.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  105.3 KB
    Watching to see how this holds up. As much as it pains me I’m considering dumping my Operator. I have multiple 45’s and 45 is starting to not be as fun to shoot as it used to be. I think a 9mm is happening eventually.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    I was at the range today with my new to me SA TRP Operator 45ACP. I was shooting my geezer load - coated 185 LSWC over 3.9 Clays in mixed brass. I mainly shoot 9mm now and I find this reduced 45 load fun to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Watching to see how this holds up. As much as it pains me I’m considering dumping my Operator. I have multiple 45’s and 45 is starting to not be as fun to shoot as it used to be. I think a 9mm is happening eventually.
    I have been mulling over 9mm 1911's for some time now. I had to jump on this because they were a little under $580 so it was a good opportunity to try the platform for a low cost. I've only fired 100 rounds through it but I was shooting Winchester Forged steel cased ammo. Only malfunction was the failure to extract I mentioned. The gun fed the rounds perfectly so far. When I was looking at new guns I was seriously considering spending the extra money on a Dan Wesson over a Springfield and I may still get a DW.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I have been mulling over 9mm 1911's for some time now. I had to jump on this because they were a little under $580 so it was a good opportunity to try the platform for a low cost. I've only fired 100 rounds through it but I was shooting Winchester Forged steel cased ammo. Only malfunction was the failure to extract I mentioned. The gun fed the rounds perfectly so far. When I was looking at new guns I was seriously considering spending the extra money on a Dan Wesson over a Springfield and I may still get a DW.
    I had some FTEs with coated steel case from Freedoom Munition in my SA RO 1911 9mm 5 inch. Dropped the FM ammo and FTEs stopped.

User Tag List