Page 252 of 308 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    This is your pistol newyork. If I can locate the current owner, I will organize a PF crowdsourcing campaign to buy it back for you. Not joking.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    This is your pistol newyork. If I can locate the current owner, I will organize a PF crowdsourcing campaign to buy it back for you. Not joking.
    I would love you til the end of my existence.

A guy that goes buy Texas49 on 1911addicts bought it from me. He has since sold it to idk who.

I tried to cock block that sale and keep it in the family. But Tex sold it before I could wave some cash in his face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post

Edited to add - I just reminded myself, I need to check to see how much clearance there is between seated mags and the ejector...a light just dinged on in my head that this could be an issue in 9mm Colts
    Got this to the range before things got really uncomfortable outside - this thing runs! Passed the abbreviated 10-8 extractor test protocol I ran (Ammo's expensive and it was freezing out)...didn't get much of a chance to run too much defensive ammo through it, maybe 25 rounds of 147gr HST tops, but it did munch through 100 rounds of 115, 50 of 124 and 50 150gr ball with zero issues. Fed just fine from Colt factory mags, Metalform (which...basically factory with some minor visual differences), Wilson ETM, and ETM-V mags. Extraction was good, ejection was extremely consistent; I hate to use the "all in a bucket" trope, but... Anyway; got it home, stripped and cleaned it, and while it was apart ran some mag tests with regards to whether they interfere with the ejector.

Factory and Metalform 9 round flush mags - good to go, plenty of clearance; you'd need to bend the floorplate quite a bit in order to get close to ejector contact
    Wilson ETM-V mags - good to go; very little clearance but even when seating forcefully you can still see daylight, and sharpie on both ejector bottom and magazine top does not reveal any contact when seating forcefully. The ETM-V mags I have, have WC's giganto steel floorplate so those aren't bending without some Hulk Smash muscle behind seating them

Wilson "regular" ETMs - no go. Their 500-9 mags will make hard contact with the ejector and you don't even need to apply any force to do it. One of them won't even bottom the floor plate lip against the frame; it makes contact with the ejector before then. I had 3, I had just ordered 3 more right before I got it to the range...the 3 I tested all made the same contact the same way after the range trip. So, those 6 mags are going to be sold. Oh well, I probably should have tested them before committing to buy more. I ordered a bunch more Metalforms and honestly I think once I've vetted everything, if I decide to carry this, it'll just be with flush fitting 9 round mags. Maybe the ETM-Vs as reload mags, if/when I find a bunch with the aluminum basepad instead of the steel ones I have (the aluminum ones are thinner and lighter than the chonky wide steel ones).

Chuck Rogers
    www.RogersPrecision.com
    Cheap-Fast-Good............pick any two.

Novak built stainless Colt, just replaced the old night sights with a new Night Fision front sight and a plain black wide-notch rear:

Name:  SS Colt.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  100.0 KB

New 10-8 rear sight for the RO elite.
    Name:  20211226_144644.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  24.6 KB

Name:  20211226_144754.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  20211226_144746.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  29.5 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

That's a nice looking sight. Is it sitting in a Novak cut?

According to the 10-8 site, this sight was for the 2011/Stacatto/1911.
    Springfield has what they call a "Novak style sight".
    The 10-8 required only minor fitting;

stoning the bottom of the sight, and very, very light filing and stoning of the dovetails.

https://www.10-8performance.com/1911...nt-rear-sight/

My Springfield took the .375 rear to match the factory front fiber. Chose not to change the front sight because it is a great color....not quite red, and not quite orange...somewhere in between that really pops for my eyes.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    According to the 10-8 site, this sight was for the 2011/Stacatto/1911.
    Springfield has what they call a "Novak style sight".
    The 10-8 required only minor fitting;

stoning the bottom of the sight, and very, very light filing and stoning of the dovetails.

https://www.10-8performance.com/1911...nt-rear-sight/

My Springfield took the .375 rear to match the factory front fiber. Chose not to change the front sight because it is a great color....not quite red, and not quite orange...somewhere in between that really pops for my eyes.
    Same style as I use. I definitely prefer them over the stock Springfield night sight rear

User Tag List