Page 73 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    The two-tone one??
    My vickers? it was this one:

that he later rebuilt into this:

Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    I just ordered one of these from Jim for a Chuck Rogers worked over Wiley Clapp LW Commander that should be done soon.
    I've been through this thread from start to finish numerous times, and each time I come by the above post, I get a little more excited to finally see it.

Old, Wilson 22 conversion, on my Frank Glenn built Colt. I was going to retire this gun anyway, as I've just about worn it out. This upper may be the new lease on life for my favorite gun

Last edited by theJanitor; 04-21-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Last edited by Sean O; 04-21-2017 at 11:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    "You have to go faster to get faster and wasted motion is dumb."

Chuck Rogers tuned Wiley Clapp Commander and the excellent JRC holster it rides in.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

^^^^ Here we go! That looks great. Congrats.

I ordered a Watson special, then bought a Clapp CCO specifically to ride in it. And now plans for some updates to the gun. That setup looks perfect, dsa

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I ordered a Watson special, then bought a Clapp CCO specifically to ride in it. And now plans for some updates to the gun. That setup looks perfect, dsa
    It is a light weight Commander; Chuck did some reliability work, his "white ball" front sight paired up with a 10-8 rear, a trigger job on the factory parts, EGW bushing, smoothed it up a bit and installed a steel feed ramp insert. I am a bit of a 1911 junkie and it is my idea of what a carry gun should be.

Just the LBO in need of a bath.
    Attachment 15891
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Very nice. I ordered the same exactly a week ago for both a standard government model and railed Pro. I went with his burgundy color. I'm really excited to see how those turn out!

User Tag List