Page 258 of 305 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 3045

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    My "used pistol pics" aren't of a gun anywhere near as nice, but I'm simultaneously pleased with the relative durability of Brown's stainless finish and also pleased at the developing holster wear after a little over a year of use.

The gun only has just over 2000 rounds through it due to the ammo situation (but my dad got tooled up on 9mm reloading and sent over a generous supply, so I'm about to fix that when weather cooperates), but a lot of dry fire and carry.

Attachment 82878
    How you you like the Bob?
    I've always been intrigued.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    How you you like the Bob?
    I've always been intrigued.
    I’m a huge fan, so much so that for my purposes, I’m thinking any gun that doesn’t have a mag well should be bobtailed. And I’m not sure I’ll ever need a mag well gun.

It conceals better (though I can also conceal a standard grip just fine) and I think it works better with my hands. My strong hand grip feels more secure, like the material that is normally there on a standard gun is kindof breaking my grip to an extent, if that makes any sense. Again they both work for me, but I prefer the bobtail enough that at least all future commanders I get will have it. I wouldn’t put it past myself to have it done to a 5” gun either, though I’ll admit it looks a little odd.

Thanks for the info;

I'm going to have to handle one before I decide.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Thanks for the info;

I'm going to have to handle one before I decide.
    And if at all possible, shoot one. If the traditional grip shape works better for you, that may manifest as shots off target (I’d assume low) with the bob. Targets and timers don’t lie but feels do, and all that.

I shot this gun before it was mine and instantly loved it. I could see others having an equally intense but opposite reaction. But it’s worth checking into because if it works for you and you aren’t using a mag well (or that Chen beveled MSH), I’d say there’s nothing to lose besides the work involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    . . . I think it works better with my hands. My strong hand grip feels more secure, like the material that is normally there on a standard gun is kindof breaking my grip to an extent, if that makes any sense.
    I think I have a better explanation for this after glancing at my grip during press check and prep this morning. If you look at the curve of the back of the grip with the bobtail, it matches the curve of the inside of my palm where it meets the MSH. On a standard straight grip, the straight angle there is pushing that part of my palm away to an extent.

Name:  B2023A9D-5E8C-4C7E-A9E2-81B8E3E269E2.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  38.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm torn between one of these or sending my Springer MCOP to Jeremy Reid. What says the hive?

if you've got the slot and the budget for Reid, why wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    if you've got the slot and the budget for Reid, why wouldn't you?
    The only reason would be to get something a little quicker. Looking at a Match build to shoot SSTK with and maybe some occasional carry. I've got a THUG, a Wiley Clapp Commander that went to Rogers Precision for some work. This will probably be my last custom. Reid makes the most sense for what I'm after.

Sending your Springfield off will get you exactly what you want but it is still a spiffed up Springfield.

The Alchemy is built from the ground up as a solid pistol and should hold value well into the future.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    The only reason would be to get something a little quicker. Looking at a Match build to shoot SSTK with and maybe some occasional carry. I've got a THUG, a Wiley Clapp Commander that went to Rogers Precision for some work. This will probably be my last custom. Reid makes the most sense for what I'm after.
    I've got a Colt awaiting it's THUG conversion. Since you've got one, your idea of "quicker" might not match other peoples' What's Reid's turnaround time these days?

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Sending your Springfield off will get you exactly what you want but it is still a spiffed up Springfield.

The Alchemy is built from the ground up as a solid pistol and should hold value well into the future.
    I recently saw a Reid change hands privately for about 10k, so I'm sure the value will hold it's own

User Tag List