Page 282 of 308 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    All these light colors are making me jealous.

Had to go change out to a light color as well.
    White cocobolo.

Attachment 102480

Not sure if I want to stay with the two tone or stay light...

Attachment 102481
    In this case, I vote for the two-tone.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Chuck Rogers
    www.RogersPrecision.com
    Cheap-Fast-Good............pick any two.

While this is no Chuck Rogers 1911, it's one I really like. I've been carrying it the past several days in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB Wing Claw 2.5, which inspired this post.

I posted a different picture of this one a couple years ago. It's a pretty plain Springfield Loaded that I received as part of a trade. I can't remember what I traded away but I was looking for Colt Officer's models and this one was thrown in by the other party to help make the trade. I couldn't make any of the three Officer's I eventually obtained run reliably with our mandated duty ammo so they're all gone but this one is still here and has become an accidental favorite.

First, it's slide to frame fit is phenominal and it's seriously accurate. I got rid of the factory rear sight that had it shooting several inches high and replaced it with a 10-8 Performance U-notch, leaving the factory tritium front sight. I obtained a short Springfield factory Milspec trigger but when I installed it hammer follow occurred so I brought it to my department's Senior Armorer who knows 1911s. I mentioned that I wanted to eventually get a Wilson safety and a ring hammer to make it a sort of tribute to the USMC MEUSOC guns that I thought were so cool when I was a kid.

Being a former Marine, he showed me a MEUSOC clone he made out of a Springfield Milspec that I traded him several years prior and we talked for a while about the various 1911s and configurations we liked. It's amazing how such small things as vertical vs. angled serrations or a ring vs. delta-style hammer can change the asthetics of a pistol and make it personal. It's one of the main reasons I think the 1911 is such a timeless pistol. It's a canvas.

Anyway, my Armorer friend said he had a spare Wilson safety and ring hammer. A week or so later he gave my pistol back and while very minimal in terms of modifications, it's exactly how I wanted it. Yes, I could have had the front-strap checkered and done other things to make it "better", but that's for another project. This one needed "just enough" and I think that's exactly how it came out.

Name:  MEUSOC Tribute in TN.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  96.6 KB

That came out really nice.

I've got a similar Loaded that I picked up cheap a while back because the tritium is dimming. Your post is prompting me to pull it out and go shoot it 😎
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    I've got a brand new Loaded on its way to me right now. It will get a Heinie Ledge rear sight and possibly a fiber optic front sight, different grips, Talon front strap, an arched MSH, and a GI guide rod and plug. Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    While this is no Chuck Rogers 1911, it's one I really like. I've been carrying it the past several days in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB Wing Claw 2.5, which inspired this post.

I posted a different picture of this one a couple years ago. It's a pretty plain Springfield Loaded that I received as part of a trade. I can't remember what I traded away but I was looking for Colt Officer's models and this one was thrown in by the other party to help make the trade. I couldn't make any of the three Officer's I eventually obtained run reliably with our mandated duty ammo so they're all gone but this one is still here and has become an accidental favorite.

First, it's slide to frame fit is phenominal and it's seriously accurate. I got rid of the factory rear sight that had it shooting several inches high and replaced it with a 10-8 Performance U-notch, leaving the factory tritium front sight. I obtained a short Springfield factory Milspec trigger but when I installed it hammer follow occurred so I brought it to my department's Senior Armorer who knows 1911s. I mentioned that I wanted to eventually get a Wilson safety and a ring hammer to make it a sort of tribute to the USMC MEUSOC guns that I thought were so cool when I was a kid.

Being a former Marine, he showed me a MEUSOC clone he made out of a Springfield Milspec that I traded him several years prior and we talked for a while about the various 1911s and configurations we liked. It's amazing how such small things as vertical vs. angled serrations or a ring vs. delta-style hammer can change the asthetics of a pistol and make it personal. It's one of the main reasons I think the 1911 is such a timeless pistol. It's a canvas.

Anyway, my Armorer friend said he had a spare Wilson safety and ring hammer. A week or so later he gave my pistol back and while very minimal in terms of modifications, it's exactly how I wanted it. Yes, I could have had the front-strap checkered and done other things to make it "better", but that's for another project. This one needed "just enough" and I think that's exactly how it came out.

Name:  MEUSOC Tribute in TN.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  96.6 KB
    That's awesome. I've been wanting a 1911 again just to play with and that would fit the bill perfectly.

Name:  9A7C686D-174B-45BA-AB22-79B18C7ED537.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  83.9 KB

Holster wear.
    Name:  IMG_20230325_141911404.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  26.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_20230325_141828465.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  36.2 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Nothing better than pictures of guns with honest wear!

I remember several years ago when we were in the midst of trying to get 1911s approved one of the FBI firearm instructors came by the office. He showed me his Springfield Professional. It had VZ-style golf-ball pattern tan grips, a Trijicon HD sights, and the Wilson Combat Bullet-Proof ambi-safety that was mandatory for left-handed agents. The pistol had the most wear I'd ever seen (and probably have seen to this day) on a 1911 and it was beautiful! Too bad most of those have been or will be destroyed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Nothing better than pictures of guns with honest wear!

I remember several years ago when we were in the midst of trying to get 1911s approved one of the FBI firearm instructors came by the office. He showed me his Springfield Professional. It had VZ-style golf-ball pattern tan grips, a Trijicon HD sights, and the Wilson Combat Bullet-Proof ambi-safety that was mandatory for left-handed agents. The pistol had the most wear I'd ever seen (and probably have seen to this day) on a 1911 and it was beautiful! Too bad most of those have been or will be destroyed.
    If it had HD sights it may have been a POW rather than a Govt issued gun. When the pros were in service with FBI and other DOJ elements Springfield had a great POW purchase program. The POW Pros are still grandfathered (for now) though .40 and .45 will go away eventually.

User Tag List