Page 305 of 305 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305
Results 3,041 to 3,045 of 3045

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Bruce, it is a pre64 in -06. My grandfather gave it to me when I was a young man. It was given to him by a friend who was dying of cancer. I stripped the old finish and spend many a night rubbing oil into the stock to get it back in shape

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Bruce, it is a pre64 in -06. My grandfather gave it to me when I was a young man. It was given to him by a friend who was dying of cancer. I stripped the old finish and spend many a night rubbing oil into the stock to get it back in shape
    I knew it was a pre-64. Afterall, what else could it be for that photo?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Don't have any safe queens here...

Do have a decent collection of holsters and have been doing a lot of dry fire lately.

Name:  IMG_2381.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  50.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_2382.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  79.1 KB

@Elwin

How do you like those VCD grips?

Thinking about getting some for my LW 1911.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    @Elwin

How do you like those VCD grips?

Thinking about getting some for my LW 1911.
    I'm a huge fan. Both of the VCD-equipped 1911s in that photo are the ones I primarily shoot and carry. The blued Kimber with the full checker Herretts is "my wife's" and also a second backup to the Les Baer. If I was shooting it a lot it would have at bare minimum VCDs and a 10-8 flat trigger like the others. The Ed Brown KC9 that I used to carry and don't own anymore also had VCDs that went with it to its new home because it's a bobtail.

The VCDs are affordable, very grippy, durable, and customizable. On mine I've just lightly knocked down the sharpness with sandpaper, and I've added my own perfectly-sized-for-me thumb scoop behind the mag release. Also, unlike G10 you don't have to use O-rings to keep the screws from backing out. They behave more like wood or rubber grips when it comes to having some give to let the screws work properly.

User Tag List