Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1680

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Site Supporter
    So per request, more pics. I bought this STI 2011 45 about 10 years ago off the Brian Enos forum - do not remember who but think it was active industry insider. No idea who built it but is seems to be a limited edition with a "vanity serial number". It was a package deal with multiple magazines - some STI some SV, some 10, 12, 14. It was worn when I got it and a previous owner apparently coated it with some type of spray on finish that did not wear well. No idea about round count - a bunch. I have put a few thousand through it - all 200 SWC over Clays or Bullseye. It is very accurate - most accurate pistol I own (no, I do not have any measured groups at 50 yards etc.). It has a ramped KART barrel with a Briley bushing barrel with a replaceable bushing insert. Very nice trigger - do not have a trigger gauge. It came with an "Infantry Blue" aka light blue STI grip but I replaced with a black STI Grip. Came with Novak "half moon" rear sight and an XS big dot front sight - I upgraded to Warrens with black front blade. Only issue is sometimes does not lock back on empty mag - I replaced followers and that seemed to fix it - may swap mag springs soon. I have a Para P14 and P16 that I used for USPSA Limited - always wanted an STI and bought this when I got the chance. It is "ugly" but frankly I like it as I just shoot the heck out of it and never worry about cosmetics. Name:  STI_1.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  72.1 KBName:  STI_3.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  42.0 KB
    Last edited by ranger; 02-11-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

Sorry I missed this until now. Just a Classic 1911. Thanks, Janitor.

Love, love that classic two tone look! I can't make out the words by the muzzle, who did that pistol?

Frank Glenn in AZ did that in the 90s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@StraitR clear out your inbox, need to send you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    @StraitR clear out your inbox, need to send you a PM.
    Site Supporter lapsed. Updated. Should be good now.

New New Agent

Always liked the size of the smaller 1911s, but not so much the features. Talked to Ned Christiansen about which small one might be easiest to add sights to, and ensure reliability. Ned suggested the New Agent - - - the one with the ditch/gutter "sight". I wanted a 9mm, and found one lightly used at a good price. Asked Ned to use his Shield Driver rear sight, and to put a fiber optic sight on the front (better to see with my old eyes). And . . . if you [Ned] have time, what about a beavertail, and a better thumb safety, and . . .

So here's how it ended up:
    Name:  Final-New-Agent-1w.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  55.5 KB

And here's a close up of the front sight.
    Name:  New-Agent-Front-Sight-1w.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  52.6 KB

Ned left a bit of the gutter at the muzzle to drop in a made-from-scratch front sight (notice all the "windows" to let more light hit the fiber). He then cross-pinned it, and also cut a T-slot to slide the sight in from the front for additional security.

The front strap was serrated, but Ned matched the spacing with cross cuts to create a perfect checkering job. He is not happy without an out-of-the-ordinary challenge.

Ned ran a variety of 9mm through it, as did I (HST, Critical Defense, ball, Xtreme Penetrator, etc). It's not missed a beat.

Yes, retro. But then, so am I.

I love seeing the solutions Ned comes up with for the variety of challenges that he encounters

Connoisseur of cheap 1911 Sidheshooter's Avatar
    @flyrodr, I had one of those new agents in 9mm. Utterly reliable. The Colt Custom shopóback when they had oneódid the re-engineering on those guns to make them work. Best short 1911s ever, and they generally have a good reputation.
    "The evidence is all around usóthe paroxysms of inchoate, infantile rage suffered by those who have turned fallible politicians into saviors and devils, godlike avatars of Good versus Evil."
    -Camille Paglia

User Tag List