Page 60 of 306 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    New? Newer than the CDAII?
    Yes.. CDAII. To me it's still "new" in my mind. Should have clarified a bit but the holsters name had slipped my mind due to handling the Wilson while typing.

I have one and have run that gun in it. It is a great holster. For me it wants to tilt a bit under the weight of the grip with steel 1911s; a square profile gunbelt engages the clever notch that Jim builds into the holster to prevent that, but it doesn't play well with my frequent flyer. So order a belt too!
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Yes.. CDAII. To me it's still "new" in my mind. Should have clarified a bit but the holsters name had slipped my mind due to handling the Wilson while typing.
    Could you be thinking of the Watson Special? That is the newest AIWB holster I make. The CDAII is still part of the line up, just a different style for different needs.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Chuck Rogers
    www.RogersPrecision.com
    Cheap-Fast-Good............pick any two.

Interesting forward slide serrations.

Was that a specific request, and if so what was the avowed purpose, or is it something you're just trying out?

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Could you be thinking of the Watson Special? That is the newest AIWB holster I make. The CDAII is still part of the line up, just a different style for different needs.
    That's the one I was thinking of! Thanks JR! I for life of me could not remember the name of the holster. I can remember that it is a beautifully built holster and might be just the ticket for my new commander.

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Well, damn. Check your email, don't know how that snuck by me but do want.

Well, damn. Check your email, don't know how that snuck by me but do want.
    Name:  IMG_1249.jpg
Views: 1562
Size:  88.3 KB
    This is the Watson special.. just in case anyone else wants to see it. Not on his site but is available for order.

I haven't really 'run' a 1911 in a while, but I did 3 weeks ago and had more software problems then I've had in a long time. So, I've spent my weekly range visit the last 2 weeks focusing on some 1911 fundamentals, which pushed me over 8k rounds total on my sample of 1. Every 2k I like to take everything apart (all my pistols) to make sure everything is wearing evenly and nothing is broken.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Need many more details. Please post a review in the hardware section.
    Cannot promise for many details, but some details under Hardware section.

User Tag List