Page 170 of 307 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 3064

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Yea...it's awesome.

Name:  IMG_3986.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  37.7 KB

I broke my longstanding rule and bought a 1911 shorter than 4.25”— and in 9mm, no less. But, it was a deal I couldn’t pass up.

I shot it today, and it ran great and was a lot of fun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I broke my longstanding rule and bought a 1911 shorter than 4.25”— and in 9mm, no less. But, it was a deal I couldn’t pass up.

I shot it today, and it ran great and was a lot of fun.

It is the opinion of a number of knowledge dudes in the 1911 world that a gun that is less than 4.25" can be made to run better if it's a 9mm

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    It is the opinion of a number of knowledge dudes in the 1911 world that a gun that is less than 4.25" can be made to run better if it's a 9mm
    I have the same gun in .45, and it runs pretty darn well.

Some absolutely drool worthy 1911's in this thread!

My two

LWC Orange style for carry

S.A.M. range playgun that has had new Springs and Trigger/Hammer/Sear/Safety/Ejector fitted after I found it in my dad's stuff after he passed. I know it's cheap but I couldn't get rid of it because it was the last handgun he bought with me at J&G before he passed. Couldn't beat 200 bucks back then for a cheap range gun. So yeah I dumped some money into it. Surprisingly after the new parts were installed, it has been super reliable with the CMC's with Tripp super 7's and I have yet to have a failure with any kind of factory ammo or reload.

Last edited by eb07; 03-25-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Not quite 1911, but in the family...

Picking these up tomorrow. This is what we will be shooting in USPSA for the season. His and hers matching pair.

The story is the lady wanted a Limited Major gun. Seeing me run my Les Bears in Single Stack and realizing how nice a back up gun can come in handy, instead of extra parts. She suggested that I get one just like hers, that way when we go to matches we always have a back up. When your girl says buy expensive guns you don't question...

We slowly bought the parts over last year and Southwest Gunsmith Technologies in Edgewood, NM fit them like glass and did the pretty. I got to try them before the finishing touches were put on and they are butter..... The mags are STI Tubes with Graham's followers and springs with TTI Base pads. 140mm getting 20 rounds of .40.

Phoenix Trinity Frame, Slide and Evo Grip. EGW internals and bits with an Infinity Barrel and Cape Magwell. More pictures to come.
    Name:  IMG_1273.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  56.1 KB

Old school SACS Custom Carry with a Nowlin barrel that I just picked up for a song due to the crash in 1911 values. "Old school" in this case means the blued over hard chrome,plain Novak sights, Nowlin barrel, 20 lpi checkering, the thick dust cover, and a gun from when SACS accepted custom orders. Nowadays SACS only offers specific models with no customization allowed.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by farscott; 03-29-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Nowadays SACS only offers specific models with no customization allowed.
    I didn’t realize that stopped taking custom orders. Shame.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Old school SACS Custom Carry with a Nowlin barrel that I just picked up for a song due to the crash in 1911 values. "Old school" in this case means the blued over hard chrome,plain Novak sights, Nowlin barrel, 20 lpi checkering, the thick dust cover, and a gun from when SACS accepted custom orders. Nowadays SACS only offers specific models with no customization allowed.
    I really like the blued over hard chrome -- it's a classic look.

The LGS recently sold a SACS Pro for $3150. It had been tempting me for months but I controlled myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I really like the blued over hard chrome -- it's a classic look.

The LGS recently sold a SACS Pro for $3150. It had been tempting me for months but I controlled myself.
    My Custom Carry was purchased for less than half of that Pro. The Pro sells for much more in this market than other SACS guns, even though the Pro is just a Custom Carry with a certain set of options and one different and one new roll mark.

User Tag List