Page 227 of 308 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    The Commander is a 45 and is my training/practice counterpart to my carry gun.

Attachment 61543
    WOW, they did a nice job fitting that beavertail grip safety. That is nice!!
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    WOW, they did a nice job fitting that beavertail grip safety. That is nice!!
    Thanks. Yeah the Custom Shop does a nice job. Sadly they only made 20 of those Commander Elites and they all sold earlier this year. I know you've seen the new Custom Carry model just released -- I plan to add one of those in a day or two and once vetted it will probably become my carry gun.

Score at the gun show today for $900:
    Name:  402F94A6-7617-4B08-AD05-EF1686AC071B.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  94.9 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Score at the gun show today for $900:
    Name:  402F94A6-7617-4B08-AD05-EF1686AC071B.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  94.9 KB
    Oh, wow! A full rail operator has been one of my grail guns! Sweet score!

Site Supporter
    TRP Full Rail with those sights and a light for 900. Well played, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Oh, wow! A full rail operator has been one of my grail guns! Sweet score!
    Thanks! I only went to the show because the boys were each looking for something so I figured I'd tag along to answer questions and provide alternatives if they couldn't find what they wanted. I'd already decided the only things I would look for were either a Gold Cup or 9mm Commander. This was on the proverbial last table of the last aisle before we walked out so I almost made it out of the show with my cash intact!

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    TRP Full Rail with those sights and a light for 900. Well played, Sir.
    Thanks, I already thought it was a pretty good deal but I just realized something. Are these Harrison sights? The front is a 2014 dated Trijicon but the rear is unmarked for date or manufacturer. The Inforce light is a solid "meh", I'll probably pick up another TLR-3 or something similar. I prefer (or at least am more used to) that type of switch to the Inforce paddles. Maybe this is the excuse I need to pick up an X300...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Say guys, I am very interested in hard use with .45 1911 and RMRs. I plan/want to do this to my 2008 MCOP but hoping more options start to pop up as I am not a fan of rear night sights and I want to make contact with a Safariland Rep for a potential level 3 duty holster.

I wish the RDS companies just incorporate a slightly raised rear sight notch into the body thus eliminating the machining for a separate rear sight and some one produce proper height front sights to keep the back up sights at the bottom of the optic window.

In the words from RoboCop, I'd buy that for a dollar.
    Like a DPP or something different?

I’m enjoying the DPP on my Glock but not the Glock. A 1911 with an MRDS mounting solution is starting to sound very interesting to me.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Like a DPP or something different?

I’m enjoying the DPP on my Glock but not the Glock. A 1911 with an MRDS mounting solution is starting to sound very interesting to me.
    dots are questionable for me as I see a starburst but they still get the job done. I prefer the reticle options of the Holosun, but never messed with a Leupy.

We have a new chief coming on board.... hopefully he does not want to change our on duty approved carry list. I might need to pump the brakes a few times on this before I go all in.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Are these Harrison sights? ..
    the front is very factory Springer looking and the rear has the profile of a Harrison.

nice piece!!!

dots are questionable for me as I see a starburst but they still get the job done. I prefer the reticle options of the Holosun, but never messed with a Leupy.

We have a new chief coming on board.... hopefully he does not want to change our on duty approved carry list. I might need to pump the brakes a few times on this before I go all in.
    I switched back to an old pair of single vision glasses and all my dot starburst issues went away. I’m still much slower with a red dot on a Glock but the accuracy improvement for slow fire is amazing.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List