Thread: LEOSA Online Credentials....

LEOSA Online Credentials....

Yeah, so......I thought this was interesting. A buddy of mine who is an MP showed me this website, he said they're contracted by DoD to issue LEOSA creds. He promised it is legit, having even personally met the program managers.

Check it out for yourself. Shady as hell, IMO. Vague references like being "in support of" DoD, no mention of actually being contracted by them.....and at the bottom of the website, it even says "No Federal endorsement intended".

To me, it reads like sumdood in mom's basement that is issuing IDs on his own authority to say that the person is a qualified LEO, and that it doesn't actually have the force of law. Yet, my buddy who is an MP NCO swears it does, and that it's a DoD contracted program.

I just thought it was weird, figured I'd mention it here FYSA or if anyone has anything to add. I just feel like some MP is going to get jacked up when something happens and he presents this card, and the responding officers go to look at the website to validate it's legitimacy and go, "Uhh, yeah, sure thing buddy. Here's your cuffs, you're rooming with Joey the Rapist at the county jail tonight....."

www.leosaonline.com
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Last edited by 41magfan; 10-19-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    I just glanced at the Home page but this seems to be directed towards military personnel (not civilian LEO's) that might have authority to carry under LEOSA.
    Uhh, yeah, correct....hence my mention of MPs and DoD multiple times...

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Uhh, yeah, correct....hence my mention of MPs and DoD multiple times...

Gotcha ..... Thanks
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Yeah, so......I thought this was interesting. A buddy of mine who is an MP showed me this website, he said they're contracted by DoD to issue LEOSA creds. He promised it is legit, having even personally met the program managers.

Check it out for yourself. Shady as hell, IMO. Vague references like being "in support of" DoD, no mention of actually being contracted by them.....and at the bottom of the website, it even says "No Federal endorsement intended".

To me, it reads like sumdood in mom's basement that is issuing IDs on his own authority to say that the person is a qualified LEO, and that it doesn't actually have the force of law. Yet, my buddy who is an MP NCO swears it does, and that it's a DoD contracted program.

I just thought it was weird, figured I'd mention it here FYSA or if anyone has anything to add. I just feel like some MP is going to get jacked up when something happens and he presents this card, and the responding officers go to look at the website to validate it's legitimacy and go, "Uhh, yeah, sure thing buddy. Here's your cuffs, you're rooming with Joey the Rapist at the county jail tonight....."

www.leosaonline.com
    It's legit, they are handling issuance of the credentials rather than the schoolhouses or HQs.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Totally legit. They have personal that have access to the mulitple service systems that track training records to make sure that the people eligible to apply actually have the training that qualifies them to receive the respective branches LE cred. Also each service has its own requirements for issue (time in grade/rank, probationaly period, training requirements, weapons qual). At least for the USAF application you must submit the application, commanders endorsement, and proof of training/records and weapon qual all in paper as well as they verify through the USAFs online record keeping system. There is a number on the back of the cred for LE to call the USAF LE headquarters for further varification status along with HR218 code reference.

User Tag List