Thread: Green Ops 4-count draw October 15th, 2017 at NRA Range, Fairfax VA

Green Ops 4-count draw October 15th, 2017 at NRA Range, Fairfax VA

Having no prior formal training I do not have a basis for comparison, but I found this class to be helpful. It was billed as an intro-level course focusing on draw technique. We were instructed to bring a semi-automatic handgun in 9mm or larger caliber, and we shot about 200 rounds. There were 8 students and 2 instructors, and I felt that we each received enough attention from them. About half an hour of classroom instruction on the 4-count draw technique included tips about dry-fire drills that were helpful in correcting misconceptions that I had, and provided information about resources including shot timers, video playback applications, and literature recommendations. After that we went to the range for about three hours, where we worked on the draw technique while dry-firing. The instructors coached us through the steps until we were performing the technique in a fluid motion, and began to use timers to quicken the pace. We ended this portion with times that were faster than I was capable of working at, but it was helpful to see what we should be striving for. After this we transitioned to live fire, doing 2-6 shot drills using shot timers. We were videotaped individually at least twice in order to get specific critique on our draw, grip, and weapon control.

This class gave me the necessary instruction and feedback so that I can continue to improve by practicing what we learned on my own time, which is a success in my opinion. I would take more classes from Green Ops.
    Last edited by CG12; 10-18-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks for the review. We look forward to training with you again. In the mean time, continue to train yourself hard - safely improve your capabilities.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CG12 View Post
    Having no prior formal training I do not have a basis for comparison, but I found this class to be helpful. It was billed as an intro-level course focusing on draw technique. We were instructed to bring a semi-automatic handgun in 9mm or larger caliber, and we shot about 200 rounds. There were 8 students and 2 instructors, and I felt that we each received enough attention from them. About half an hour of classroom instruction on the 4-count draw technique included tips about dry-fire drills that were helpful in correcting misconceptions that I had, and provided information about resources including shot timers, video playback applications, and literature recommendations. After that we went to the range for about three hours, where we worked on the draw technique while dry-firing. The instructors coached us through the steps until we were performing the technique in a fluid motion, and began to use timers to quicken the pace. We ended this portion with times that were faster than I was capable of working at, but it was helpful to see what we should be striving for. After this we transitioned to live fire, doing 2-6 shot drills using shot timers. We were videotaped individually at least twice in order to get specific critique on our draw, grip, and weapon control.

This class gave me the necessary instruction and feedback so that I can continue to improve by practicing what we learned on my own time, which is a success in my opinion. I would take more classes from Green Ops.
    Nice review and thank you for seeking out training. Please continue down your path and keep training...on your own, with us or another training provider. Stay with it!

User Tag List