Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P Shield 2.0

"Another change to the polymer grip frame includes an 18-degree grip angle, added by the company after ergonomic studies concluded that this angle provided a natural aiming point for most shooters."

The way the this is worded in the linked article,it appears that S&& changed the grip angle from the 1.0 Shield. Yet this is the first I have read about it, and it looks the same as the 1.0.

Of all the M&P pistols, the Shield is the one that I am least inclined to go to a 2.0 version. If I didn't own a Shield and was in the market, then I'd most likely go for the 2.0 version. But as it is, my 1.0 Shields are not going to be "up graded to the 2.0" anytime soon.

Site Supporter
    I just put two shield 1.0s on lay away. I don’t see anything to make me regret that. I wish they had added a better thumb safety

The thumb safety's the thing (for me)...and they didn't fix it. Either make it more substantial so its usable or get rid of it. As currently designed I see it as more of a liability...being too small to reliably disengage quickly.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I just put two shield 1.0s on lay away. I don’t see anything to make me regret that. I wish they had added a better thumb safety
    I have 2x shield 1.0s and they're great. I added the rubbery Talon grips to mine to make them more shootable, as the 1.0 texture is kinda slick. Triggers benefitted some from an Apex sear. They are great little low profile carry pistols.

Site Supporter
    I got the no thumb safety model because I think the thumb safety is way too small.
    Last edited by Poconnor; 10-22-2017 at 06:02 AM.

User Tag List