Thread: Beretta 92SB Upgrade with Wilson parts

Beretta 92SB Upgrade with Wilson parts

Evening guys, I'm new to PF but have been active on the Colt and S&W sites for a long time.

I have a Wilson Beretta 92 Tactical reserved for me but I'm having second thoughts because of the price.

I can get a mint 92SB (full size) for a very good price - what do you all think of the idea of spending some money on this with Wilson parts?

The attached picture is a stock image of an SB Compact - it's all I could find for now.

Obviously, won't be quite the same but the older Italian 92s have a really good fit and finish and with a few mods the gun will come in just under half of the price of the Tactical.

Good idea or would I be wasting money?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Racingsnake; 10-18-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    The SB, even full size is a collectable gun.

You can easily get a used 92 F, FS or M9 for $500 ish or less as a base to build on.

Beretta 92 FS new here for $449- http://palmettostatearmory.com/beret...js92f300m.html

The other issue is what do you want the gun for ? One of the big pluses of the Brigadier is the dovetailed front sight.

Ernest Langon has an upgraded M9 project which gives you an upgraded M9 out of the box priced half way between a regular 92 and a brig tac. There is a thread on it here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tta-M9-Project

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The SB, even full size is a collectable gun.

You can easily get a used 92 F, FS or M9 for $500 ish or less as a base to build on.

Beretta 92 FS new here for $449- http://palmettostatearmory.com/beret...js92f300m.html

The other issue is what do you want the gun for ? One of the big pluses of the Brigadier is the dovetailed front sight.

Ernest Langon has an upgraded M9 project which gives you an upgraded M9 out of the box priced half way between a regular 92 and a brig tac. There is a thread on it here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tta-M9-Project
    At first, I was like... "Mod up a mint SB?! Are you crazy?!" Honestly, I think 92SB is the most beautiful of all Beretta 92s. I think it might be a contender as one of the most beautiful handguns. Period. That said, I guess changing out some springs would be just fine. Maybe even a hammer? But I'm not sure I'd wanna be hammering out sights. Or much of anything else. I would definitely not do any kind of refinishing--that silvery blue on the SBs is epic.

But I agree with HCM. If you want to mod up a Beretta 92, why not just buy a new FS? They can be had for excellent prices right now. Or go online, buy a beater and have it refinished. One other thing--Wilson will only work on FS 92s. In case you were thinking of sending it in.

Either way, you should totally pick up that SB. Would love to see some pics when you get it.

Best of luck with it, and welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 10-18-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Racingsnake View Post
    Evening guys, I'm new to PF but have been active on the Colt and S&W sites for a long time.

I have a Wilson Beretta 92 Tactical reserved for me but I'm having second thoughts because of the price.

I can get a mint 92SB (full size) for a very good price - what do you all think of the idea of spending some money on this with Wilson parts?

The attached picture is a stock image of an SB Compact - it's all I could find for now.

Obviously, won't be quite the same but the older Italian 92s have a really good fit and finish and with a few mods the gun will come in just under half of the price of the Tactical.

Good idea or would I be wasting money?
    Two points: buying a Brigadier Tactical actually is cheaper then doing the parts separate. The second item -due to Berettas obvious supply crunch, unless you're dead set on a Brigadier it'll be way faster to buy a used 92 and send it down to Wilson for work then wait indefinitely for your back order to be filled.

Turnaround time on my last custom project was 29 days from leaving my doorstep to getting my gun back. I had them do the IDPA package plus frame checkering and fiber optic installation , so when I got a call from an Arkansas number 26 days in I thought there was a problem with the order. Turned out they were just done with it that fast.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    At first, I was like... "Mod up a mint SB?! Are you crazy?!" Honestly, I think 92SB is the most beautiful of all Beretta 92s. I think it might be a contender as one of the most beautiful handguns. Period.
    I had no idea it was collectable! Thanks for the reply.

That answers my question regarding the SB and as pointed out, the front sight on the Brig is a big plus.
    Last edited by Racingsnake; 10-19-2017 at 01:02 AM.

User Tag List