Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: higher (1.93) mounts on LPVO - trend or fad?

Site Supporter
    The higher mounts are a trade off between the more upright head position for standing and a less solid cheek weld when using a magnified optic with a smaller eye box. This can be overcome by using a stock with a higher cheek piece, but that isn't always an option on an AR because of the charging handle location. If you look at the stock that Daniel Horner uses, you can see how much higher the cheek piece is to compensate for the 1.93 mount.

I'm headed toward high mounts, since I started wearing glasses this year (and bifocals to boot). I just can't see properly through "normal" height mounts

Site Supporter
    Hmm... I've got a Trijicon AccuPower on my 300 BLK bolt gun and while it's a really nice optic I haven't warmed up to it yet. Too many years shooting lever guns with ghost ring sights maybe. Anyway, I'm currently using low mounts to keep the sight close to the bore but it just doesn't line up naturally for me. I wonder if a bit higher mounts would work better.

I used the Vortex (LRBC) long range ballistic calculator to play around with a question I had. And that was: how does a higher scope mount affect bullet drop. My thought was one may help to flatten the trajectory, over the other. The difference inputting BH 77gr OTM from a 1/7 was around .20' over 700 yards. So not really a factor...... Comfort and ease of use seem to be the driving factor.First pic is 2' HOB, 2nd is 1.5 HOB.

Name:  Screenshot_20171022-194211.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  20.1 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20171022-194118.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  19.0 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Not sure if you just picked random HOB numbers but AR HOB would be closer to 2.5 and 3.0

User Tag List