Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk Not Working?

Site Supporter
    I’ve looked and haven’t found anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It is so hard to read and navigate using a browser on a phone that when Tapatalk isn’t working I don’t bother accessing the forum.
    Yep.

I see Tapatalk on the iPhone App Store. Are you on Android?

Yep. Android.

It is so hard to read and navigate using a browser on a phone that when Tapatalk isn’t working I don’t bother accessing the forum.
    Agree that it's a PITA, but I make do with pinch and drag on touchscreen
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Agree that it's a PITA, but I make do with pinch and drag on touchscreen
    I just use the “Default Mobile Style” theme for P-F in Firefox on my iPhone and get along just fine. Yeah, it’s missing some features and it’s a little clunky, but honestly, I haven’t missed Tapatalk much.

It’d be cool if the default mobile style theme would let me like posts, check my notifications, and come in the signature P-F color scheme. If it weren’t for the fact that I haven’t touched web development in like 10+ years I might look into offering to improve it myself.

I see Tapatalk back on the app store. I downloaded it again but now I'm supposed to pay for premium features and no ads.

I guess that's fine but I bought a "one time and you're good forever" download a couple years ago. I guess they underestimated the amount of money they'd get...

For now I'll just run the free version and see how it goes. Maybe I'll find another app that works better.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I'm also having trouble using Tapatalk. I can't access the forum using Tapatalk after I changed my password and renewed my subscription to PF. When I go to PF on Tapatalk it just sits there loading, no prompt to put in the password. Then I get a notification thru my email that I've exceeded the 5 attempts to sign in. Any ideas?

I really, really hate Tapatalk because it's bad, often not secure code and robs PF of what little revenue we could make from links, but I'll take a look right now. It will go away when we upgrade to the next version of the forum software.

Also, I have no issues using the forum as is (not mobile) on an iPhone 8. I know, I'm weird.
    #RESIST

It's been back to normal for me lately.

I LIKE Tapatalk because I can view all the forums I follow all in the same format.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I really, really hate Tapatalk because it's bad, often not secure code and robs PF of what little revenue we could make from links, but I'll take a look right now. It will go away when we upgrade to the next version of the forum software.

Also, I have no issues using the forum as is (not mobile) on an iPhone 8. I know, I'm weird.
    I’m hoping with the upgrade the mobile format will get support for “likes”, and hopefully “today’s posts” or some other view that lets you see posts chronologically, where the post doesn’t get hidden after you’ve viewed it.

User Tag List