Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nighthawk Custom Hi Power

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Call me crazy, but I much prefer the darker wood grips you had on it in the first pic. Beautiful piece.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    You and everybody else, it seems like. I liked the ivory-colored grips initially but am feeling the wood now. (Phrasing, I know....)

OP, I apologize for the thread derail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    PLEASE post pics of the SOKOL! I am considering sending him a hi power (have been since I read Marcus Wynne 'No Other Option'). And, pics I've found have been black and white or out of focus. But, the minimalist nature is what I love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Sokol. It was a great gun, and shot every bit as well as my Yost. I traded it to a friend for a Novak Colt

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    My Sokol. It was a great gun, and shot every bit as well as my Yost. I traded it to a friend for a Novak Colt

That is Nice!

I own a P35 just because they’re so damn pretty.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I own a Hi Power....just because. It's one of those guns, that while not without some issue areas just feels "right." It likely won't go the durability or round-count distance that a Glock or HK or Beretta would, but with some understandings of its parameters and limitations, it's still a very viable handgun in its own right-and a historical legacy that remains usable.

Best, Jon

I bought a surplus Belgian MKII from AIMsurplus just to own a Hi-Power. If money were no object I'd commission a pair of full customs.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I own a Hi Power....just because. It's one of those guns, that while not without some issue areas just feels "right." It likely won't go the durability or round-count distance that a Glock or HK or Beretta would, but with some understandings of its parameters and limitations, it's still a very viable handgun in its own right-and a historical legacy that remains usable.

Best, Jon
    Agreed.

I own one myself and I need to send it to someone (preferably Jim Garthwaite) for some work.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I bought a surplus Belgian MKII from AIMsurplus just to own a Hi-Power. If money were no object I'd commission a pair of full customs.
    I bought a surplus MkIII from them for the same reason.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Yeah. They got the MKIIIs in maybe a month after I got my MKII. Oh well, not like I could have known and I still have a cool surplus gun.

User Tag List