Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nighthawk Custom Hi Power

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Guns as a fashion statement...
    Are fucking awesome.

I have absolutely no use for the BHP - large, heavy, meh trigger, etc. etc. etc. Having said that, looking at some of those pictures on Nighthawk's page, all I can say is "I'll be in my bunk"

If I were made of money, I'd have to have one of those for a BBQ gun. Maybe two, to carry in a custom dual shoulder rig with a fedora...

You could do a Novak for a lot less money. I picked up a few lightly used forged frame MKIII models and sent them to Novak for their spec ops package. Pistol plus spec ops package came in right around $2,000.

Site Supporter
    From an aesthetics standpoint I think the recent production blued Hi Power Standard is a very attractive pistol. In fact to me it looks better than most of the customs I've seen although I'm sure some of those have improved function. There is a NIB Standard model at a LGS I wouldn't mind having, but money and stuff.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You could do a Novak for a lot less money. I picked up a few lightly used forged frame MKIII models and sent them to Novak for their spec ops package. Pistol plus spec ops package came in right around $2,000.
    Nice looking pistols.

Site Supporter
    I'm with it. I've got custom BHPs from Garthwaite, Yost, Don Williams, and one on the way from Karl Sokol. 3 with beavertails. 2 without. They're easy to carry and shoot. I've avoided the Nighthawk largely only because of the safety. I've got custom safeties or C&S on the others and they are all way better. And the triggers are are outstanding. You can usually find a good Garthwaite or Williams for about the price of Nighthawk or even a little less, and you might get some nice options.

Really if you've got the cash, these are REALLY fun and easy to shoot well with a good tigger job, safety, and some other little bits.

Last edited by newt; 10-18-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Nighthawk Custom Hi Power

This is a MKIII I had refinished.

Same gun, different grips.

The NH are nice guns but I think you could have just as nice a gun for less $$ made elsewhere, as Zephyr did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by H&KFanNC; 10-19-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Nighthawk Custom Hi Power

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    I'm with it. I've got custom BHPs from Garthwaite, Yost, Don Williams, and one on the way from Karl Sokol. 3 with beavertails. 2 without. They're easy to carry and shoot. I've avoided the Nighthawk largely only because of the safety. I've got custom safeties or C&S on the others and they are all way better. And the triggers are are outstanding. You can usually find a good Garthwaite or Williams for about the price of Nighthawk or even a little less, and you might get some nice options.

Really if you've got the cash, these are REALLY fun and easy to shoot well with a good tigger job, safety, and some other little bits.

PLEASE post pics of the SOKOL! I am considering sending him a hi power (have been since I read Marcus Wynne 'No Other Option'). And, pics I've found have been black and white or out of focus. But, the minimalist nature is what I love.

Last edited by Sigfan26; 10-19-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H&KFanNC View Post
    There are lots of reasons I'm unlikely to ever own one, but DAMN that gun is pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by H&KFanNC View Post

Same gun, different grips.

The NH are nice guns but I think you could have just as nice a gun for less $$ made elsewhere, as Zephyr did.

Call me crazy, but I much prefer the darker wood grips you had on it in the first pic. Beautiful piece.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

User Tag List