Thread: Non gun-related tech help wanted, Re: "GoPro"

Non gun-related tech help wanted, Re: "GoPro"

I realize there are tech forums where this would be answered but I'm already a member here and some of you probably use these things daily.

I just picked up a cheap(retails for $50.00) "GoPro" style camera in a trade. It's NIB and branded CCBETTER. You know the kind, 2"x2"x1" with the waterproof case and all the mounting gadgets. It's suppose to record at 1080p.

Here's the problem. It plays back fine on it's tiny little screen, though the audio is very low volume from the even tinier little speaker. When I plug into the computer and play the stored movie files, the audio is real time but the video is slow mo at 1/3sec(1 second of video takes 3 seconds to play).

I tried transferring the files to the computer hard drive on the logical(to me any way)thought that it was a cable transfer lag or something. It was even worse when played from the computer hard drive. The video was at about 1/5sec but he audio was still 1/1.

Any help from anyone who uses this type of camera? Would recording at a lower resolution help, maybe? The test above was recorded at 1080p.

On the plus side, I was very pleased with the audio performance. I tested it with a motorcycle ride video with the camera clipped to the head band of a reversed baseball cap and the wind noise was not ridiculous and you could hear my voice quite clearly over the ambient noise even at 55mph.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

I have this same problem with my Nikon point-n-shoot camera. Takes great videos that play fine on the camera but on my computer the video is slow while the audio is normal. I'll be watching this thread with interest.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

What video player are your using on your computer?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    What video player are your using on your computer?
    This was my question, too. I would normally recommend VLC, because you can tweak the audio playback separately from the video. This gives you an idea what's going on.

My immediate thought is that the camera is using a poor codec for the audio; that's the typical culprit for out-of-sync audio.

I did a little research and found my problem is probably due to trying to run the raw file on an older computer with windows Vista.

It plays fairly good on a newer machine with Win 8.1. No time lag but it's a little choppy. Evidently the raw video file(.MOV or .MVI) needs to be rendered to a better format for computer playback and uploading to youtube or the like.

I down loaded the free version of Lightworks to play with
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

User Tag List