Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where have these grips been??

Where have these grips been??

I recently ran across these and seems they've been around a while but I've never run across them. Very little reviews on these but recently tried these on my g19 gen 5 and shield, and these are by far the best grips I've ever tried. I have been a pretty regular user of the talon grips but they tend to wilt in the texas heat. So I had started to do stippling on most my guns which where much better from a grip standpoint but I always have to be very careful and not be to aggressive as they will tend to chew up my skin if not just right.

Picked up these Agrips that are made by Brooks tactical so decided to give em a try. They are not the cheapest item out there but for $29 they so far have been fantastic. Hard to tell by the picture but they feel like soft velvet on the hand, talk about fitting like a glove. The grip itself is very easy to hold and if you get your hands soaking wet, they grip even better.

Amazed I don't see these around but so far (only two range trips), they have been absolutely fantastic. Maybe overtime they don't do as well but going to ride em until they no longer work for me. One thing that was different is they are designed to actually cover the mag release, wasn't comfortable with the glock but the shield it seems has no issue in fast reloads.

It's pretty hard from the iphone pic to really tell but these really look and feel really good. Has anyone ever used these before? If so any issues and wonder how long they last until they begin to lose their good feel and grip. So far I'm a big fan. Night and day compared to the talon grips I've had.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

AGrip has been around since at least the late '90s (I think), and I remember some of the old Glock Talk members were crazy about them back then.

Never tried them myself.
    Last edited by SAWBONES; 10-16-2017 at 07:18 PM.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Velvet upholstery for your gun. Pimp.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I've tried them, they wear out but do work. I prefer Gen4/Gen5 stippling.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I've tried them, they wear out but do work. I prefer Gen4/Gen5 stippling.
    About how long before the wore out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    About how long before the wore out?
    These as referenced in the OP.
    #RESIST

I used that on my G27 and G26 from about 2006 to 2011. They were Gen 3's and I hate that texture because it's slick. The A-grip was fantastic and gets even more purchase when wet.
    Last edited by El Cid; 10-17-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    AGrip has been around since at least the late '90s (I think), and I remember some of the old Glock Talk members were crazy about them back then.

Never tried them myself.
    Yep. It was the must have Glock accessory back when I joined glock talk in '01.

Site Supporter
    I like the stick on grips for my G34.

I've thought the texture of the stock Gen 4s has been more than adequate for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ok I see why I don't see these around so much. Just put one on my g43 yesterday and today went shooting with it and it started to peel off at the top left side of the gun where my support hand rest. To be far, my application on the 43 wasn't as good as the other two. Looks like I'm going back to a stipple job.

User Tag List