Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modified Duty Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I wonder if there’s been many / any cases where that paid off?
    My agency had issues with NON-compatible magazines during the response to the Washington Navy Yard shooting. That is not to say I'm a believer in the "one size fits none" approach to everyone getting exactly the same pistol for "compatibility" sake, but it did come into play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    My agency had issues with NON-compatible magazines during the response to the Washington Navy Yard shooting. That is not to say I'm a believer in the "one size fits none" approach to everyone getting exactly the same pistol for "compatibility" sake, but it did come into play for us.
    Thanks for that info.

If agencies found this to be an important issue, I'd think they should still at least allow a list of guns that accept the same magazines, with a stipulation that the reserve magazines be the same - IE a G19 shooter would carry G17 magazines as spares.

Many years ago, I conceptualized the concept of a "standard" high capacity 9mm magazine, similar in concept to the STANAG for rifles. Of course back then, other than the Glock, most 9mms had very similar sized magazine bodies (SW59, 92FS, P226, CZ75). Huge pipe dream, but I thought it was a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    The only time the concept has been used by my department is when the chief forgets his mags on qual day.
    At least it's a reason. Not a good one, but better than a lot of policies.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I was issued a Glock 22 G4 for work. I polished the internals, threw in an Apex Ultimate Striker Block, a minus connector, an SCD, changed the sights to some Warren Tacticals, and swapped the mag release over to the opposite side. Policy leaves it up to the deputy assigned onto my specialty unit, and most guys have made some extensive mods to guns, to include removing finger grooves, stippling, and running aftermarket (KKM) barrels.

If the mod isn't prohibited, doesnt disable safety systems, and helps you hit what you need to, why not do it?

Guns and mods on a case by case basis, who's asking, what, and why. I don't have the language handy, but it's models and mods to be approved by the senior LEFI/armorer. People tend to over-policy things. One-size-fits-all and mag commonality are not factors...at all.
    Last edited by ST911; 10-21-2017 at 10:25 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I just don’t get the mag commonality issue. I just can’t imagine a scenario when I would give my buddy a mag. Unless he dropped his or shot all his mags.

In which case he needs to chill out anyways and I ain’t giving him shiz.

No modifications allowed to the issue weapons M&P40 full size and compact 40's.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    No mods allowed to our issued Sig 226 .40's....unless by department armorer, and then only sights and grips. No SRT triggers except for SWAT, no weaponlights except SWAT, K9's, and Counter Sniper guys. Because "liability" and "magazine compatibility".

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    No mods allowed to our issued Sig 226 .40's....unless by department armorer, and then only sights and grips. No SRT triggers except for SWAT, no weaponlights except SWAT, K9's, and Counter Sniper guys. Because "liability" and "magazine compatibility".
    What sights do you and K use?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Me? Trijicon HD XRs, orange front. E2 grips. Him? Stock everything.....but he doesn't ever carry the work gun in his job.

User Tag List