Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative effects of Fireclean?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Admittedly I got it for free when the maker used a karma thread on here to give out samples to several members, but I've been REALLY impressed with Liberty Lubricants CLP. Every time I think it's been a long time since I last lubed one of my guns and field strip it to check, there's still lube in there doing its job, whether it's my carry gun that barely gets shot and has more to fear from dust than mechanical wear or my USPSA gun that sees thousands of rounds/year and barely ever gets cleaned. When that bottle runs out, which given how long each application lasts, will take a long time, I'll be buying more.
    Glad to hear you are liking the Liberty Gun Lube I sent you. It is becoming very popular amongst USPSA and Multigun shooters out here in the super hot desert areas. It really shines come winter with it's -85F freezing point. On the FireClean issue, Vegetable oil may be the "carrier" but the "performance/additive package" is what makes it have what ever properties that are inherent to it. We use a synthetic base. Different strokes kind of things. Some carriers have better(different) advantages over others. Lot's of info out there on this. They kind of did get a bum rap on the canola oil thing, as anyone "exposing" this, conveniently did not test for the additive package(or if they did, didn't mention it)
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

One of the members on M4C did a fairly thorough test a while ago that kind of debunked the crisco bullshit, it's worth checking out. I love FireClean, I've been using it for years and it's always been great. I liked Slip but FC stays put better and won't dry out nearly as fast. And I have to wonder about the claims that it turns to paste. Half of my firearms are in at my parents house on the mainland. I put away several dirty guns to include my Glock and BCM from October 2014 to June 2016. When I came back, they still had some lube residue and weren't gummed up at all - super smooth just like normal. I did the same thing from July 2016 to this past weekend, with the same result. They were inside so in a climate controlled environment, but just in a basic cabinet without any specific humidity control. I also rotate between several bottles so I doubt that I just got a good batch or something. I regularly put over 500 rounds between lube sessions, have gone close to 1k I believe but I've never really attempted to test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FC gunks up terribly. Was hard to get out of a 10/22

#RESIST

Ah yes, Fireclean,

I fell for it a couple years ago.

I can't find my summary post, but if memory serves I had lubed my M&P full size with FC before putting it in the safe for a few months to shoot my VP9. When I pulled the M&P out to function test it before selling it, it was noticeably harder to rack due to gummed up residue. I cleaned it all out and relubed with what I ended up using, Slip2000 EWL.

I tend to agree that if you shoot often, FC will probably work well (of course I have come to realize about ANYTHING will work, short term). Long term, I dunno,

FC management is still a bunch of snapperheads, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I have come to realize about ANYTHING will work, short term
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    #RESIST

Don't forget:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....he-final-phase

I think I'll be blasting all the FC out of my EDC and replace it with Mobil1.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I really like the Slip2000 but it does dry out quickly when running suppressed supers out of my .300 BLK. @LittleLebowski, are you still running the suppressed .300 BLK? Does Lucas stay put or does it dry out like Slip?
    Last edited by Mike C; 10-17-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I really like the Slip2000 but it does dry out quickly when running suppressed supers out of my .300 BLK. @LittleLebowski, are you still running the suppressed .300 BLK? Does Lucas stay put or does it dry out like Slip?
    Definitely does not dry out fast.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Definitely does not dry out fast.
    Thanks man, I'll pick some up today.

User Tag List