Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 25 cent Glock trigger job

The "25 cent trigger job" is a fundamentally wrong approach in my not that humble opinion. Two months of daily dry fire will make both you and your gun so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Fine sandpaper bit, followed with a soft felt bit, and finish with a hard pointy felt polishing tip. Be sure to clip a coil off of the trigger spring, and striker spring in order to get full benefit. Probably a good idea to open up the striker channel some as well using a drill press and diamond bits. It's generally better to remove too much material than not enough, especially on the frame.

If you're going to perform DIY gunsmithing in your garage with a Dremel tool with YouTube as your guide, don't deny yourself the full benefit in the outcome.

*Disclaimer*

If you don't know me, or are otherwise not picking up the heavy sarcasm:

Leave your gunsmithing to a qualified professional, or just leave it as is. Most shooters will benefit more from practice and training than from a $0.25 or $250 trigger job.
    You forgot the part about dumping a lot of oil in the newly enlarged striker channel to smooth out the striker function. Lithium grease might work almost as well.

I intentionally left it out. In order to get that kind of insider expert knowledge you have to subscribe to my YouTube channel.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 10-16-2017 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Fat thumbs
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

What is a "minus" connector?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyc View Post
    What is a "minus" connector?
    Glock makes three factory connectors. The standard connector found in gen 1, 2, and 3 guns, which gives a nominal 5.5 lb pull and the minus connectors used in target and competition oriented guns like the G17L, G24, G34 and G35 which reduces the pull a pound or two depending on who you ask. They are marked with a "-" sign.

Minus connectors reduce the pull weight but don't make the trigger any smoother.

The third is the dot connector used to reduce the trigger pull on the Gen 4 guns. Early Gen 4 guns had trigger pulls a few pounds heavier than the 5.5lb of the originals. Reducing the size of the Gen 4 grip changed the geometry of the parts so a new connector was needed to bring the pull back down to "5.5lb" in the Gen 4's.

Let me add to the no dremel chorus. A ".25 cent trigger job" is a Fitz polish and a Q-tip job.

If you want a good trigger on a Glock, find a dealer with several in stock and pick the one that feels best. They do vary a bit.

Failing that, dry fire or something like the Robar triggers (factory GLOCK parts refinished in NP3 nickel-Teflon).

Be very cautious of aftermarket triggers, many get the "sweet pull' by defeating the internal safety mechanisms of the Glock.

Trigger which change the shape of the trigger "shoe" but still use Glock factory trigger bar like APEX are another option. I believe Overwatch precision also uses Glock factory trigger bars.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-22-2017 at 11:36 PM.

What is a 5.5 TRS and a minus connector?

Thanks!

FWIW, recently performed the .25 trigger job on my 19/4 (with lots and lots of dry firing) and had no noticeable improvements. Just changed the trigger connector without changing springs and observed a nice improvement, less creep in the trigger it smoothed out. My way of judging this improvement, all my holes on the paper are much closer together. The wife is just wondering how long I'm going to keep it hanging on the fridge.

I've never been able to feel a difference with a polished Glock trigger. Not even Vanek's polishing.

I admit to doing a .25 trigger job in the past. Although I did it with a Q-Tip and not a power grinder. Last year I bought a Glock 26, gen4 and decided to be different. I detail stripped the gun and throughly wiped down each part with a patch soaked with bore cleaner to throughly get any gunk or grim off. As I reassembled the gun, I wiped all of the parts with a Q-Tip soaked with lube (Slip 2000 EWL if I recall correctly).

Just by doing this, I could notice a slight improvement in the feel of the trigger when dry firing. At that point I decided to skip any polishing job and just dry fire the carp out of the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    At that point I decided to skip any polishing job and just dry fire the carp out of the gun.
    Your story sounds fishy.

User Tag List