Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 25 cent Glock trigger job

25 cent Glock trigger job

What is the 25 cent Glock trigger job and where can I find out how to do it?

Also, when polishing parts with Fitz and Dremel, what is best speed and which polishing tool? Large wheel, small wheel, pointy tool, etc..

Many thanks!

Site Supporter
    The search function will provide ample reference. My opinion is that you must be careful with the Dremel because the electroless nickel finish on the trigger parts is thin and quickly removed. I suggest switching out triggers and using Flitz and Qtip. Shooting a few hundred rounds and dry firing will produce good triggers. We must accept that Glock trigger pulls almost never are as good as 1911 trigger pulls. It has been reported over and over again that there is a positive correlation between Glock malfunction and use of after market trigger/ignition parts. Of course, some shooters have had good experiences with aftermarket parts. I think that a safe and sensible generalization is Glocks are more reliable with oem parts.

YouTube is full of "How To" videos on the .25 trigger job.

I'll second the comment about leaving the Dremel tool in the case and use a Q-Tip. It's easy to go too far when polishing up the various parts.

I really haven't polished my last couple of gen 4 Glocks, preferring to shoot the crap out of the guns and let the wear polish the trigger.

One of the things that excite me about my recently purchased Glock 19.5 is that the trigger, new and out of the box, is smoother than any of my older Glocks with a .25 trigger job.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Felt is for making things shiny. Stones are for making things flat and smooth.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

During one of my last excursions to Thunder Ranch, during a mid morning break(down), Clint pointedly remarked, "If you get a Glock, DON'T dick with it."

He's seen a lot of Glocks over the years.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by rickyc View Post

Also, when polishing parts with Fitz and Dremel, what is best speed and which polishing tool? Large wheel, small wheel, pointy tool, etc..

Many thanks!
    Using a mild polishing media and felt, you polish areas of contact on connector, trigger bar, striker and firing safety plunger. Some of commercially available trigger kits have these parts mirror polished in their entirety, not just the contact points. Rarely, trigger bars may have some burs and they get deburred with a fine file, gently, but this is uncommon.
    Last edited by YVK; 10-16-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Fine sandpaper bit, followed with a soft felt bit, and finish with a hard pointy felt polishing tip. Be sure to clip a coil off of the trigger spring, and striker spring in order to get full benefit. Probably a good idea to open up the striker channel some as well using a drill press and diamond bits. It's generally better to remove too much material than not enough, especially on the frame.

If you're going to perform DIY gunsmithing in your garage with a Dremel tool with YouTube as your guide, don't deny yourself the full benefit in the outcome.

*Disclaimer*

If you don't know me, or are otherwise not picking up the heavy sarcasm:

Leave your gunsmithing to a qualified professional, or just leave it as is. Most shooters will benefit more from practice and training than from a $0.25 or $250 trigger job.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyc View Post

Many thanks!
    Don't.

To avoid being completely unhelpful: If reliability is important, take a quantity of new OEM spare trigger with trigger bars, connectors, firing pin safeties, and firing pins, swapping each until you find the best combo, then let them wear (polish) into each other from there. It doesn't take many of each to find a good combination.
    Last edited by ST911; 10-16-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

At best you'll make a brand new gun feel like a broken-in gun. Just shoot it.

Site Supporter
    I posted this about a month ago here in a different thread:

"YMMV Greatly. I have been shooting Glocks since 1990. The most reliable, repeatable triggers I have had and used came with the 5.5 TRS with a "minus" connector, a dab of grease/lub on the bearing surfaces and thousands of dry fires/live fires. Move away from this formula, particularly with non OEM parts or parts that get "polished" to the point that metal is removed at your own peril.

It is not a 1911 trigger and is never going to be. If that is driving your train then 1. get a 1911 or 2. consider the offerings of Apex for the M&P."

Be safe and well all.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 10-16-2017 at 11:28 AM.

User Tag List